cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Continually Switching Off

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since Midday today (27.10.12) my Blackberry has been rebooting continually.  The device stays on long enough to inform me there is an error on the media card and would I like this fixed.  Also, I notice there is no network signal on my phone.  Then the screen turns black as it starts to reboot.  When it comes back on, it verifies my security settings and then switches itself off again.  This has been going on for 8 hours.  Meanwhile I cannot access phone calls, texts or the internet.  I have checked the availability of the network in my area and it appears to be fine.  Can anyone offer me any advice please?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Might not be - have you tried cleaning and reseating the SIM card? Sometimes that cures it, if not ask for a replacement SIM card and see how that gets on but also enquire for any technical issues in the area.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, both mine and my husbands blackberry has switched itself off twice today.  We  travelled from Barnsley to Middlesbrough and it went off on way there and on the Way Back.  When we got nearly home I tried to use mine and had to put in the security code and then a screen came up informing me that I had a new sim card and I needed to log into Blackberry protect. I took the battery out and rebooted my phone which now appears to work but I have a message which keeps asking me to log into Blackberry protect.  Even after opening the message it does not go away.  Not sure why

Message 2 of 6

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Since Midday today (27.10.12) my Blackberry has been rebooting continually.  The device stays on long enough to inform me there is an error on the media card and would I like this fixed.  Also, I notice there is no network signal on my phone.  Then the screen turns black as it starts to reboot.  When it comes back on, it verifies my security settings and then switches itself off again.  This has been going on for 8 hours.  Meanwhile I cannot access phone calls, texts or the internet.  I have checked the availability of the network in my area and it appears to be fine.  Can anyone offer me any advice please?

it looks like its a media card issue, but not sure.  Have you tried seeing if the phone will work without the media card? Maybe you could try taking it out, rebooting and putting back in.  Sounds too simple a solution though.

I looked it up and it seems alot of people have a similar issue.  Think the issue is called "nuked".  There are many solutions online for this.  Although not 100% sure that is the same problem as you have.  Might be worth having a look, hope this helps.

Samsung S8
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I arrived at work today (approx 7 miles from my house) and my Blackberry suddenly started working perfectly fine.  So I just assumed the problem had fixed itself.  However, on arriving home this evening, my Blackberry has started re-booting on a loop again.  Same problem that started on Saturday lunchtime!  It makes me wonder if there is a network problem in the area where I live.  It will be interesting to see if my device will start working again tomorrow, when I am back at my work.  

Message 4 of 6

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions
Might not be - have you tried cleaning and reseating the SIM card? Sometimes that cures it, if not ask for a replacement SIM card and see how that gets on but also enquire for any technical issues in the area.
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had exactly the same issue- the phone is not on for more than 2 mins before switching itself off. Happened constantly and so many times I had to take the battery out and leave off all day.  Strangely, this only happened when visiting my parents near Fareham in Hampshire- as soon as I arrived near their house I noticed it started, and within a few minutes of leaving the phone was ok again.  This has also affected another blackberry in the house for the last three days.  There is normally very poor reception in their area, but I have never seen anything like this happen.  The people in the O2 shop said it was def not a network issue and was a Blackberry issue, and we should contact them directly to try and fix this.  They also mentioned over 30 other people had come into the shop with issues...but couldnt offer any explanation or help.  Needless to say issue is not fixed by helpline suggestion of backing up phone to PC.  Seriously fed up with unreliable Blackberry, as are the folks who havent been able to use their BB for the last three days at all.  My Dad is now using his very old Sony Ericsson, which he has never had any issues with at all, despite it being over 5 years old.  Does anyone know why this is happening?? I really dont think it is a media card or SIM issue, as my phone is now working fine after leaving the area.

UPDATE: O2 now say this is because I needed an update to my software, which I have done.  Im out of the affected area so dont know if this has fixed anything.  The other BB affected has started working (with no update to software) so seems to have been a random occurance.  Desperately waiting for my upgrade in January, bye bye troublesome BB!

Message 6 of 6