cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry 9300 - problem with WiFi

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have given my daughter a second hand Blackberry 9300, it is pay as you go, with a wifi bolt on. However, the only way I can get the WiFi to work is to disable the mobile Network. This obvioulsy means if she forgets to switch it on when leaving the house I cannot contact her - how can I resolve this?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wifi should connect even with the cellular network enabled. Smiley Frustrated

When you are connected to Wifi, the 3G (or whatever signal) indicator is replaced by the Wifi signal indicator. then when you leave the Wifi signal , the cellular network takes back over.

So, what happens if you have Wifi and the cellular network enabled at the same time?

Have you made sure you are running the latest Operating system by connecting the phone to a PC and installing and opening BlackBerry Desktop Manager?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wifi should connect even with the cellular network enabled. Smiley Frustrated

When you are connected to Wifi, the 3G (or whatever signal) indicator is replaced by the Wifi signal indicator. then when you leave the Wifi signal , the cellular network takes back over.

So, what happens if you have Wifi and the cellular network enabled at the same time?

Have you made sure you are running the latest Operating system by connecting the phone to a PC and installing and opening BlackBerry Desktop Manager?

Message 2 of 3

Asdic_Ping
Level 4: Observant
  • 87 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

PapaDug is right, you should be able to have both the mobile network and wifi enabled at the same time. On the 9300 when wifi is on you should see the wifi logo in the top right hand side of the screen and when it is white you are connected to BlackBerry services via wifi. Have you tried a battery pull?

I'm not that familiar with wifi bolt ons, but if your daughter is using your private home wifi network why do you need a bolt on in the first place?

There are a couple of useful apps out there that automatically switch on your wifi, for example when you are at home, so that you don't use up your data allowance. They automatically switch wifi off when you leave home.

Hope you get the problem sorted.

BlackBerry 9300, 9810 & Playbook
Message 3 of 3