cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry 9300 - data charge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

As you have already seen the title I assume you might know what I am talking about, if not I'll explain anyway. To access the Internet on my phone I use my own home WIFI yet recently I have been charged for using my own Internet. What I mean by this is, when I am browsing the Internet VIA my own WIFI 02 also charges me data being used. This has Never happened before and has only started 3 days ago out of all the time I've been with 02, which was probably over a few years. I'm not sure why this is happening as nothing has changed on my end, but I am quite frustrated at this. Every now and then a message box notification appears telling me it has used £1 or something along the lines of that. The only way to stop this is turning off my "Mobile Network" connection (02-UK) and when I do that I'm not going to be able to receive calls, or call anyone with it being disabled, so what is the point of that If I cant use it? If you keep this up I am likely to change providers.

Before you suggest the following ; "Turn Data Services off which can be found at Mobile Network Options" then it will not let me access my own WIFI even whilst still currently being connected to it. Nothing helps, so what can I do to fix this? Or is this a new thing that has been introduced?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

I do need to check it when I'm back at work on Saturday because pay and go is not my area of expertise but if it's like pay monthly it will need a BlackBerry bolt on, and I remember seeing a specific one  for pay and go. I have a feeling you are on to something my fellow BlackBerry fan @aldaweb. Only BlackBerry 10 can use the new generic data bolt ons, BBOS7 or early need the BlackBerry bolt on. 

My guess is that the wifi connection dropped, and because there is no BlackBerry bolt on it's charging using Web daily, wich is £1.00 per day. 

Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 

Data charges for what though? It's not like I use data to acess the internet so what am I using the credit on? I dont get it, sorry if Im asking a stupid question here.

Message 12 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144915 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27777 Solutions
To verify your identity - it's part of BB security.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5

Well that really sucks. Must be a new thing then, thanks for clearing that up. Time to go back to the classics I suppose. All hail Nokia 3310.

Message 14 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144915 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27777 Solutions
Blackberry made some changes earlier this year.
There's a lot of discussion on their forums and it also effects roaming data usage too, unfortunately.
The best option would be to switch to giffgaff (same as O2 and owned by them) but a true payg option exists and would suit your needs better.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again @Anonymous

I have now confirmed and yes, you need a BB bolton.It's 5.00 per month and it gives you 500mb.

As for the charges, something is dropping your connection and you connecting to the network....

I have a 9320 that is being used with no sim card, just over wi-fi for the last 6 months and I can connect ok with no issues.

Message 16 of 16