cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry OS 10.1.0.2312

Anonymous
Not applicable

EE and Vodafone have begun rolling out OS update 10.1.0.2312 for the Z10 which has big performance improvements over the current .1720

When can we expect O2 to release this update? This week I hope!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't hold your breath

Message 2 of 9

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions
Hi dayooo.

I will see if I can find out for you.
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks slight_smile

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
They are notoriously slow for releasing updates
Message 5 of 9

version7point0
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Still no response as of yet.

Toby just reminded me of this thread so I've asked again internally.

There was word that if you put a vodafone SIM card in your BB 10 device it would allow you to do the update, but after requesting one in the post and attempting it I had no joy. 

I fully imagine that is due to my device being network locked, and as it was a gift from BlackBerry I very much doubt they would let me unlock it.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any news of any OS update at all on the horizon?

We're still running a very old version of 10.1 and its frustrating with everyone else getting nice quick updates to newer versions that have great performance enhancements.

I really don't want to go down the route of installing leaked OS updates either as my previous experience with those isnt great 😞

Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like 10.2 will be out in the not too distant future so fingers crossed that O2 are simply waiting for that and we'll get it quickly on the day of release like we did with 10.1.

I agree though, we should be able to get the minor update releases as well as the major ones without having to install leaks (something I havent tried with my Z10 yet, but had no problems with on the 9900).

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

A 10.1 maintenance release is due in the next few weeks so maybe O2 is waiting for that

Would be nice to have some comms about it though

Message 9 of 9