cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry 10.1 Maintenance Release

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has started rolling out and should bring the OS version up to 10.1.0.4537 or higher. How soon can we expect to see it released by O2?

This will give us a whole host of improvements including iCloud sync, copying SMS messages shows a verification pop-up, there's a new Gmail set-up process, and SMS sending status now shows in the Hub. There are also updates for the native Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn apps and BlackBerry World.

More importantly there is support for simple passwords on the lock screen so we will now be able to use a 4-digit PIN to unlock the phone...this is probably the one thing I am looking forward to! 

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well thats a start...I think! Smiley Indifferent

I'm in work so cant check for updates thanks to the GPRS signal I get in here, so is there any sign of the update for any of you yet?

Message 11 of 56

k100rs
Level 3: Thinker
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

nope ... no sign ..... the electronic equivilant of tumbleweed is blowing in from the O2 update team.... nowt new there then wink

in fact scrub that, it's probably not a team. There's probably just some poor overworked minimum wage teenager "testing" an updated Z10 to see if he can still use it to send texts to his mates, once he gets bored the testing will no doubt be approved as BS9000/ITIL/ISO ratified wink

--
Steve Parry

Phone timeline:
Nokia 5110, 6210, 6310i, 6600, 6670, 6300, N80, 3230, 9100, 5800 XpressMusic, N8, Z10 ....... currently Nokia 5 br>
provider: Cellnet>BT Cellnet>O2 .....
Message 12 of 56

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Okay...so after being the first to release the last update to us, O2 are again the last in the UK to release an essential update for Blackberry OS10!

Well they may have been the first to release the update before last, but still haven't released that one (10.1.0.2312 )! Smiley Frustrated

I just hope they are testing 10.1MR and release it in a timely fashion and don't try and fob us off with 2312.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 13 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh...things are looking promising!!

"The Update server is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

I haven't been sitting pressing the "Check for Updates" button all evening...honest! wink

Message 14 of 56

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

There may or may-not be a new software in testing right now. As this may or may-not be the case I can not give any ETA.

As a BB Z10 user myself, it is not like O2 need to test it for any native O2 specific apps...

Edit: oh forgot to add, it is not 10.1.0.2312 which I asked about on the 11th of June and just got my answer today....

Message 15 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Things are no longer looking up, back to the "You have the latest software" message 😞

Very diplomatic of you though, version7point0 Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I may be about to fall out with the O2 Twitter team!

After initially asking when the 10.1MR will be released, I recieved the generic "We've no news on this yet. Watch this space! slight_smile" message.

However after asking them to ask the relevant team and making comment about how O2 customers are always last to recieve BB10 updates I have been told "We're currently testing a maintenance update but as yet have no further details, watch out for updates".

What do we, as customers, have to do to firstly be told when to expect the update, and secondly to actually get the update that all other UK cellular companies have released already?? Whats the hold up? Orange were able to test the update AND package the Deezer app into their release...why can't O2 test these releases as quickly as Vodafone or Orange/T-Mobile/EE??

Smiley MadSmiley Mad

Message 17 of 56

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions
Just appeared when I checked. Will have to wait to update till I finish work tonight.
iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 18 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

oooo ooooo oooo (yes I did just actually make those noises when I read your post!)

Excited Papa over here...I'm away outside to get  an 3G signal so I can check mine

{squeals}

Message 19 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it has indeed been released, its showing for me as well! slight_smile

Although strangely nothing from O2 via twitter or anywhere else to let us know. Which space were we supposed to be watching for news of its release?

Message 20 of 56