cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BlackBerry 10.1 Maintenance Release

Anonymous
Not applicable

This has started rolling out and should bring the OS version up to 10.1.0.4537 or higher. How soon can we expect to see it released by O2?

This will give us a whole host of improvements including iCloud sync, copying SMS messages shows a verification pop-up, there's a new Gmail set-up process, and SMS sending status now shows in the Hub. There are also updates for the native Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn apps and BlackBerry World.

More importantly there is support for simple passwords on the lock screen so we will now be able to use a 4-digit PIN to unlock the phone...this is probably the one thing I am looking forward to! 

Message 1 of 56
55 REPLIES 55

Anonymous
Not applicable
You beat me creating this thread! slight_smile This is a big update from the last official OS that O2 released so I hope they launch this in the next couple of days. Wish we would get some sort of info though as to when to expect it. EE rolled it out last night 😞
Message 2 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha, I've also been beaten to it!

I agree, it would be good to get some 'official' feedback on when we can expect this update. O2 were very quick last time, and the documentation from Blackberry seemed to suggest that all carriers would be pushing the update, except a few in Latin America, so it should just be a case of when, not if, we get the update...

Message 3 of 56

k100rs
Level 3: Thinker
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Come on O2 the clock is counting ...

http://blogs.blackberry.com/2013/07/a-new-blackberry-10-update/

Let's not have the same useless dragging of heels/misinformation/bare faced lies/tardiness we had last time eh slight_smile

--
Steve Parry

Phone timeline:
Nokia 5110, 6210, 6310i, 6600, 6670, 6300, N80, 3230, 9100, 5800 XpressMusic, N8, Z10 ....... currently Nokia 5 br>
provider: Cellnet>BT Cellnet>O2 .....
Message 4 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
Vodafone have just received the update too 😞
Message 5 of 56

k100rs
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

... and so ... once again ... it begins.

History repeating itself.... seeing as Vodafone are always faster than O2 with updates, have a better signal where I live, and seem to offer the same deal as I got for my Z10 I think I may need to look elsewhere when my contract is up. Shame as I've been with O2 since their Cellnet days ... sadly they appear to focus support entirely on the iPhone or android, despite selling other devices.

--
Steve Parry

Phone timeline:
Nokia 5110, 6210, 6310i, 6600, 6670, 6300, N80, 3230, 9100, 5800 XpressMusic, N8, Z10 ....... currently Nokia 5 br>
Message 6 of 56

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Could do with this ASAP - it also brings in swipe gestures for next/previous messages to save going back to the hub each time, something several of us have fed back to Blackberry as important.

Let's not keep going round the same update carousel.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 7 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay...so after being the first to release the last update to us, O2 are again the last in the UK to release an essential update for Blackberry OS10!

Vodafone, T-Mobile and Orange customers already have it. and it appears that the twitter support team are once again feeding us the line of  "No news yet, but we'll keep you updated". 

Why the delay? All the other carriers have managed to push it out, including Orange who actually enforce the Deezer app onto their customers phones. Why aren't the twitter support team able to give us an estimate of when it will be released?

Or is this the right hand once again failing to talk to the left hand so one department within O2 doesnt know what the other is doing? (Something I suggested should be resolved months ago...)

Message 8 of 56

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's the lack of information that I hate. If it was coming say next week it wouldn't bother me as long as someone from O2 gave me that info
Message 9 of 56

k100rs
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Message on Twitter in response to me asking where the update is

"Hi Steve, we're testing a maintenance update for the Z10 but as yet have no further details, watch out for updates"

--
Steve Parry

Phone timeline:
Message 10 of 56