cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Windows Camera

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I were to upgrade my phone, the most important feature to me would probably be the camera and the ability to sync directly with One Drive so that I can edit and post my images from my laptop or tablet without manually syncing with anything at all (at the moment my phone does it for me the moment it finds a WiFi, which is magical).

So, I have a 635 at the moment, what would be better than this? I'm also on PYG so not looking to change that, and would prefer to spend less than 200 pounds.

What are my options?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want a windows 10 phone on a budget it may be worth hanging on for this due out early next year Q1.

http://www.windowscentral.com/exclusive-renders-microsoft-lumia-650

it may not have the camera of the 930 but it`s built for windows 10 and looks better than the 950 & 950XL.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
You can get a Lumia 930 for less than 200 but you don't need to restrict yourself to Lumia devices as one drive is available across all platforms now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 9

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
And being honest, if you want windows the best camera is on the 1020. But remember its an older device so won't be as snappy as the newer ones.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say the 930 is your best bet 20mp camera 4k video, also when windows 10 is released it`s likely to run W10 the best of the older hardware due to it`s specs the last high end phone pre W10, if your not bothered about colour you can grab one for £169.99.

Message 4 of 9

Pureview
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If you wan't a new phone the Lumia 930 will be your only option on Windows, reviews for it's camera have been pretty positive as far as I know. As has been already mentioned you could go to another OS and maybe find something decent out there. I personally like a dedicated camera button which rules out most except Sony. I still own a Lumia 1020 and it has a truly awsome camera for a phone with a couple of niggles, ie poor macro and a slow start up. Postives are lossless zoom and a zenon flash plus to get good closeups you dont need to get too close. Trouble is it is not really available new but can get refurbs for your kind of money. 

Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want a windows 10 phone on a budget it may be worth hanging on for this due out early next year Q1.

http://www.windowscentral.com/exclusive-renders-microsoft-lumia-650

it may not have the camera of the 930 but it`s built for windows 10 and looks better than the 950 & 950XL.

Message 6 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
That looks nice and may well replace my 640 as long as I can get the DS version.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesn't seem to be much more than my 635. Camera is the same.

Like the 930, but not sure I can find the 169 price anywhere.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

There was on amazon gone now in black they have used 930 showing £149.

the camera may look the same but the harware running the 650 will be a lot better you will find the full specs at CES in jan, and the WP plans for next year.

Message 9 of 9