cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BLOCKING AN INDIVIDUAL NUMBER ON A NOKIA LUMIA

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently posted a thread about the unavailability of any call / number blocking app available with the NOKIA LUMIA 820. A fellow forum member commented that the 925 had this facility available via the Lumia amber set up which would be available as an update for all Lumia users. I have now downloaded this update but cannot find this blocking facilty. Any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Regards

Bobsy50 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

To begin blocking calls from certain numbers, you can scroll through your list of latest calls in the 'phone' tile and long-tap on the entry, which offers the option to 'block number'.

After confirming, the phone will block calls and text messages from that number.

Once you have Amber, you will be able activate the blacklist feature and block calls, for example, from all 'private' numbers — often used by sales call centres. 

The blacklist can be managed via 'settings' --> 'call and SMS filter', which displays how many calls and messages have been blocked and offers a chance to remove numbers mistakenly added to the list.

The filter can also be set to block calls during certain periods.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

To begin blocking calls from certain numbers, you can scroll through your list of latest calls in the 'phone' tile and long-tap on the entry, which offers the option to 'block number'.

After confirming, the phone will block calls and text messages from that number.

Once you have Amber, you will be able activate the blacklist feature and block calls, for example, from all 'private' numbers — often used by sales call centres. 

The blacklist can be managed via 'settings' --> 'call and SMS filter', which displays how many calls and messages have been blocked and offers a chance to remove numbers mistakenly added to the list.

The filter can also be set to block calls during certain periods.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

the thing is, call & sms filter via the settings option does not show any where on my phone.

Am I looking in the wrong place???

Message 3 of 6

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Hi Bobsy50

Can you confirm what software version you have on your lumia? Can you confirm you have recieved the amber update?
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

all it says in extras & info is software release Lumia Amber. I assumed it has downloaded as

yesterday 4 or 5 updates downloaded inc the feature to silence the ringer by flipping sideways which is one of the amber features. I also now have 4g connectivity which I didn't have before...

Message 5 of 6

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

the thing is, call & sms filter via the settings option does not show any where on my phone.

Am I looking in the wrong place???

It's possible that doesn't show until you have added at least one number from your calls list.

Message 6 of 6