Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB10 OS update

Sanj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I believe the OS update is being rolled out. Any idea when O2 will have the update?  It's meant to prolong battery life etc.

Message 1 of 92
91 REPLIES 91

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply. I just put some of it onto the crackberry site where I know a few members have been waiting on the O2 update. I think they will be a little upset to hear your news. Expect a few irate calls...

Message 51 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gents,

i have just spoken to o2. they say the softwarte update for the z10 will be released on the 14 March.

Dave

Message 52 of 92

k100rs
Level 3: Thinker
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

which is at odds with the tweet I've just had from "O2 in the UK" which reads "Hi Steve, no news yet. Watch this space" in response to me asking when we're having the update.

--
Steve Parry

Phone timeline:
Nokia 5110, 6210, 6310i, 6600, 6670, 6300, N80, 3230, 9100, 5800 XpressMusic, N8, Z10 ....... currently Nokia 5 br>
provider: Cellnet>BT Cellnet>O2 .....
Message 53 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've updated my phone by filling out the unlocking form on O2.co.uk, unlocking the handset and then putting in a PAYG sim card. The Voda SIM picked up the update, it was installed an now my O2 SIM is back in with zero issues. Painless and easy.

On a sour note: this is an update that fixes over 60 instances of battery use alone to preserve power. That's not including 3rd party apps running better in the runtime environment, camera improvements and more. That O2 appears to be dragging out rollout is very poor. Can you imagine if this occured with an Apple update? 

Message 54 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Despite this thread now being over 24 hours old, NO REASON FOR O2's ILLOGICAL DECISION HAS YET BEEN PROVIDED. And yes, I did mean to shout.

Message 55 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
Got this reply from BlackBerry on twitter

'we're committed to working with @o2 to ensure #Blackberry10 customers have the latest software. An update is expected soon'

We shall see
Message 56 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't doubt BlackBerry's commitment to working with O2 in the slightest, but I do doubt network incentive to do anything in a timely manner, if at all. Handsets are delivered and working to individual end users, ARPU is coming in, so why do anything else as a network if it costs them time and resource? Bottom line affecting issues I suspect.

Message 57 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done. It is very much in BlackBerry's interests to push this through, but still no reason!

Message 58 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the comments. I'm realaying your feedback to try and see if we can change their mind slight_smile

Let's see what comes out of it!

Cheers,
Leonard
Message 59 of 92

Anonymous
Not applicable

I find this a bit disappointing really. O2 have sold me the phone, and now don't seem to be wanting to support it so I can get the most out of it. This is a brand new OS, all updates in the first few months are going to be significant. I need to know that I am going to be supported here. Is there any one I can contact to get more information / register my concern?

Message 60 of 92