cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding music to my Nokia 515

Anonymous
Not applicable

..... Toby's thread about music

I have a Nokia 515 (as recommended by MI5 earlier in the year) 

it has apps on it & more apps ..... but I've not touched any of those type of buttons because (1) I'm not sure what they do ..... & ..... (2) I'm frightened about running up an un-necessary bill ..... but I would like some music to listen to through earphones

I've stopped buying cd's from Amazon as its not economic & there maybe only one track I like eg recent Van Morrisson & Michael Buble purchases

I've not downloaded anything to my mobile

before coming into O2C I would regularly go into the town's O2 store for help ..... = ..... major reason I choose O2

would I be correct in thinking I would be able to go into the O2 store & ask them & they could look up my contract details & advise me? ..... I am conscious that every 15 minutes the staff are expected to make a sale & I do feel somewhat guilty if I'm not buying but only seeking advice

thank you :womanvery-happy:

Message 1 of 85
84 REPLIES 84

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Toby wrote:
Thanks for all of the clarifications here MI5 slight_smile

@Toby  Further to my suggestion last night....do you think this thread can be moved please. As I said it is certainly not Off Topic slight_smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 85

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Moved to 'Other devices' slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 32 of 85

Cleoriff
  • 123019 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@Toby wrote:
Moved to 'Other devices' slight_smile

Thanks Toby...now you can have a kudo for that decision...Seriously, this is by far the best place for it..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 85

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27695 Solutions

@Toby wrote:
Thanks for all of the clarifications here MI5 slight_smile

No worries - It makes the job twice as hard having to deal with conflicting advice too but we'll get there in the end slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 34 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
I just wanted to check if anything else was using data at all, which, by the sounds of it, it isn't.
For 300mb you can download around 80-100 songs a month so should be OK to keep you occupied for a while, or you can download them on your laptop and transfer them by using a data cable to the phone - Whichever you are more comfortable with really.

I think I'd like to try to download music straight to my mobile please :womanvery-happy:

do I now have to wait until the SD card is delivered from Amazon, before I go any further?

& would it be a good idea to go a searching around the house for the data cable, in any case? lol Smiley Very Happy

Message 35 of 85

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27695 Solutions
If you can find a data cable it will be a big help (for later) and yes, you need the SD card as your phone won't have enough memory to hold much music by itself.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 36 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you MI5, I expect looking for the data cable will keep me out of mischief for the rest of the afternoon Smiley LOL

Message 37 of 85

MI5
  • 144495 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27695 Solutions
Did you not leave it in the box the phone came in lol slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 38 of 85

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5, I can't find a data cable anywhere in the house ..... have looked in all the likely places including 3 phone boxes ..... I don't remember ever using one ..... how long is it & how wide? ..... & ..... what do the 2 ends look like?

can I buy one from somewhere? ..... a bit sluffed slight_frown

Message 39 of 85

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions