Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to pocket hotspot

Tempname57
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, the O2 guru's are unable to help. I have a Huawei mobie BB device/hotspot. I'm trying to access the account - not my regular O2 account - and view the 68 messages in there. No one at O2 can understand this - they al think I have a phone in spite of me explaining it 50 times. 

Does anyone know how i can reset the passord? I think the default login is 'Admin'

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Tempname57

this is it. It will reset it as a whole.  Either use a micro usb cable to keep it powered or use the battery.

but it will reset it

2A265EFA-99D1-453F-B253-F256B4A2D137.jpeg

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Tempname57
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Cleoriff, firstly thanks for your help - the 'guru's have been pretty awful I'm afraid. I had already tried the 1st suggestion to no avail. Re the second - the IP address won't load (which is odd)...still trying though

Message 3 of 13

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Tempname57 Hello.  Welcome to the o2 Forum on this sunny day.

@Cleoriff I didn’t even know that this info existed. Top find as I was looking lol.👍👌

@Tempname57 Not sure if this will help, on the Dongles I have there is a little reset hole where it resets the whole dongle, software and password etc.

not saying it will reset all the passwords, but may be worth ago if there is one.

the dongle has to be on, then hold the pin on for about 5 seconds I think. Something like that. The dongle will reboot.

worth a try as on the three dongle and EE ones it does reset the software back to admin admin that’s all.

please let us know.  Happy bank holiday to you as well 😀👍

Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

If I'm absolutely honest @Tempname57 I have limited knowledge about pocket hotspots.
There will be others on the forum who know far more than myself.

People like @MI5, @jonsie @viridis and @adamtemp64 (and others) who may be about to help...

I have tagged them so hopefully someone else will be along soon. wink

And by the time I had posted @darrengf has offered furher advice. Best of luck with it Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 13

Tempname57
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Darrengf

thanks but this is not a dongle - it's a mobile BB device that fits in the palm of your hand - a Huawei HB434666RBC

Message 6 of 13

Tempname57
  • 13 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks to you all.

FYI i have been 'on hold' with the O2 online chat option for an hour 😞

Message 7 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143430 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
As explained above the reset button will reset the login to admin/admin.
You need to download the o2 connection manager to read your texts.
It’s on Google if you don’t have the software on a disc that came with the dongle.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 13

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Tempname57

this is it. It will reset it as a whole.  Either use a micro usb cable to keep it powered or use the battery.

but it will reset it

2A265EFA-99D1-453F-B253-F256B4A2D137.jpeg

Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tempname57 wrote:

Hi Darrengf

thanks but this is not a dongle - it's a mobile BB device that fits in the palm of your hand - a Huawei HB434666RBC

Thats the battery number. The Hotspot is E5573. 

The web management page that lives in the hotspot WILL give you the sms (as will the o2 web connection manager if you can find it) but if you reset you will lose them all less they are stored on the sim  OR resent by o2 again.

The account page that o2 see will relate to the sim and data usage, billing and so on like your phone's zccount page and wont see any sms or text messages sent - so talking to o2 about this is a waste of time.

SO  BEFORE you reset - take the sim out put it in a phone and see what happens (at worst nothing, at best all your messages)

Next turn off wifi at home

Now put the sim back in the hotspot and  reconnect to a laptop and try to get to the device web managemet page up by typing this into your browser url bar 

http://192.168.0.1 if that doesnt work try http://192.168.1.1 or else http://192.168.8.1 or http://192.168.9.1

The login was once 'admin admin' and will be again if you reset - if you changed the password and dont remember it and the messages are not now on the phone you may have no option to reset and hope they come down again.

In any case chances are they are spam or 02 updates and so on, less you gave the hotspot's sim's number out to anyone?

Message 10 of 13