Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Other Devices

Highlighted
Topics: 735

Re: 950 More expensive on o2 than to buy sim free from MS direct?

@MI5 wrote:
That's the best way but you can buy a 950 from giffgaff on the knock too, unlocked and sim free so you can use any sim https://www.giffgaff.com/microsoft/microsoft-lumia-950/phone-details

Yes I looked at an unlocked iPhone 6 from giffgaff (for a family member) paying monthly for the phone. It was a damn good deal......but then I found 'some money from somewhere' and bought one outright....

*The Game Is On*

Most-Helpful-MemberFriendliest-MemberMost-Useful-GuideBest-Feedbacker
Highlighted
Level 2: Apprentice

Cheers, will look into this option. Just a thought but maybe O2 should not give such an advantage to CPW as free handsets must be a big draw, no other provider seems to be undercut so badly or the days of No1 may be over. Prehaps invest these millions in providing the ultimate network !

Highlighted
Topics: 124
Kudos: 176
Solutions: 44

Well, I'm the same. Used CPW to upgrade my O2 account. No upfront fee for the phone and £9 a month cheaper
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Highlighted
Anonymous

I went into an O2 shop yesterday, and I just learned what was also stated above - getting a new phone on refresh also gets a new contract!?  That's nuts - the new contract I was offered (on top of an overpriced phone) was more expensive than my current Refresh contract, whilst giving me less data.   I'm screwed on both the phone and the contract!

I'd say that Refresh only makes sense for people who do not change phones - they can stay on a contract without paying for a phone that is now paid off.  For everyone else, new handset from CPW!

Highlighted

There will be times when refresh works out cheaper... Just can't provide an example at the moment Smiley Wink
Highlighted
Topics: 549
Solutions: 12,946

It doesn't suit everyone, for sure. We've already established that.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Topics: 572
Solutions: 3,839

Many people get good benefits from Refresh. Its not always about the fees and tariff. Obviously if thats your criteria then do your research and go for the best deal.

Highlighted
Level 2: Apprentice

Just got my 950 from CPW with unlimited calls, texts and 1gb of data for £59.99 upfront and £27.50 a month. A tidy saving of £220. Seems a bit crazy to me as it is cheaper than buying the phone outright  from anyware and the same bundle by over £100. Have not had a good play with it yet but seems like a good step from my 1020. Hope the camera is as good as they say it is.

Highlighted

You won't be disappointed @Pureview