cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G on Blackberry

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm thinking of getting a Blackberry with 4G, and am having difficulty finding out how to do this on O2. I just tried the live chat and got some very dubious answers, so let's see if this forum is any better.

1. I'm currently on a basic Pay & Go tariff with the £5 a month Blackberry Bolt-On. I can't find the full terms and conditions for the Bolt-On (the person on the chat told me they actually don't exist which is physically impossible), does it cover 4G and if not will it do any time soon?

2. If not, what the cheapest way of getting 4G on a Blackberry? I'm open to Pay & Go or Pay Monthly.

3. The Big Bundles were suggested but I'm aware that data packages of unspecified brand tend not to work on Blackberry, or at least not alone. Would Big Bundles work as the only extra to my tariff or would I need a Blackberry bolt-on or new tariff as well?

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144181 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Which BB phone?
I think the only BB phones with 4G capability are the newer BB10 devices, in which case, you no longer need a BB bolt on. You just use normal smartphone data tariff so the big bundle 4g packages would work fine.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 144181 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Which BB phone?
I think the only BB phones with 4G capability are the newer BB10 devices, in which case, you no longer need a BB bolt on. You just use normal smartphone data tariff so the big bundle 4g packages would work fine.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
I haven't decided which one yet, I didn't realise the OS was what made a difference. They probably are all BB10. Thanks!
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 144181 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
No probs mate. Good luck with whichever one you choose.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 5

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Anonymous  @MI5 is correct as far as I'm aware, the only 4G Blackberries are the Blackberry 10 phones which do not use the BIS bolt on, but be aware because of that, the data does not go through the NOC and is not compressed as it is on BBOS7 or earlier, so you may find you are using more data.

Have a read of some of the reviews before deciding on which phone and let us know how you get on.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 5 of 5