cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G+ network coverage, phone previously on EE.

Paul820
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, does anyone know what bands my phone has to have to get 4G+

I have been given a Note 10+ as my previous phone broke and it doesn't seem to get 4G+, the phone was initially used on the EE network. I'm thinking it's an issue with the available network bands on the phone. Is that correct?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Paul820 

O2 4g is vastly oversubscribed and they are rolling out improvements to address this issue currently.

Unfortunately we don't know which areas and when.

You can try dropping down to 3g which is usually faster in areas where 4g is oversubscribed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Paul820 

Band 1 and Band 40 is required for O2 4G so your phone should be more than capable.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Paul820
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, thank you for your reply. I'm definitely getting 4G just not 4G+. standard 4G is extremely slow in the areas I use my device. It'll be a shame if my phone isn't capable, it's better than nothing though.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Paul820 

O2 4g is vastly oversubscribed and they are rolling out improvements to address this issue currently.

Unfortunately we don't know which areas and when.

You can try dropping down to 3g which is usually faster in areas where 4g is oversubscribed.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4