cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10.3.1 to be pushed out by Blackberry not the carriers!

k100rs
Level 3: Thinker
  • 32 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

http://utbblogs.com/backtoblack/utb-exclusive-10-3-1-release-date-revealed/

"

Ready?

Then let’s go.

Our understanding is that 10.3.1 will be released in the UK on the 27th January for all current devices and that this will NOT be carrier dependent – in other words BlackBerry will push the update direct to handsets which, if you ask me, is great news for us all.

Since John Chen became CEO updates have been pretty much bang on synchronised around the world so set your device to auto update (Settings>Software Updates>Options>Auto Update ON) sit back and enjoy the goodness at the end of the month!

Unlike Android Lollipop this will work on all BB10 devices and not lag out of the box.

And, unlike iOS8 you won’t have to delete all your photos to download it only to find it doesn’t really work.

Get ready, it’s coming your way in the next 3 weeks.

Good value for your smartphone purchase?

You’ll only find that with a BlackBerry."

--
Steve Parry

Phone timeline:
Nokia 5110, 6210, 6310i, 6600, 6670, 6300, N80, 3230, 9100, 5800 XpressMusic, N8, Z10 ....... currently Nokia 5 br>
provider: Cellnet>BT Cellnet>O2 .....
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Sorry you are leaving but it was obvious O2 would lose many genuine Blackberry lovers when they refused to stock the Passport. Best of luck with your new provider...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 14

MKA
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,

Any update on when BlackBerry might be pushing out the updated 10.3.1, cos 27 January has been and gone.

Over in the CrackBerry Forums there is a lot about the updated software already being pushed out by the Canadian and US carriers, Bell, Rogers and Telus I beleive.  So does that mean we (O2 UK) will have to wait for O2 to do their thing, or do you still think that it will come straight from BB?

MKA.

Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sometimes a member of staff from the O2 Social Media Team updates the forum on firmwares and new phones. @Chris_K
Message 13 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
There was a thread on here a while back that said BB were pushing all the updates directly and not going through the carriers.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14