cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

blocking nuisance texts

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to block an individual number? I am getting spammy messages and want to block them. I have an ageing phone - a Motorola Razr 2 v8. I am on pay monthly with 02.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Forward the texts to 7726 (Spells SPAM) which is a service set up by the networks to monitor and act on spam texts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not from O2's side it isn't unfortunately.

Some modern phones allow 3rd party SMS apps which can do this for you. Have you tried replying to the SMS with the word STOP?

If you have and it persists, you can go to www.phonepayplus.org.uk and report it there or you can ask O2 to change your mobile number which obviously may be the least convenient option.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesn't replying stop then tells the sender that the number is active, O2 will give you one free number change

Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Forward the texts to 7726 (Spells SPAM) which is a service set up by the networks to monitor and act on spam texts.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions