cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock a phone bought as "Like New"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I bought a "Like New" Nokia Lumia 550 on the online O2 store, but it was not linked with the Pay monthly tariff I used to pay (I bought my SIM card and this phone seperately)

I already tried several times to unlock my phone by filling the form, but it doesn't work.

I do have the IMEI number.

Is it still possible to unlock it ?

Thank you for your help !

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You need to use the phone on o2 network first.
If you use a PAYG sim you need to wait 12 months but if you use a contract sim it can be done immediately.
All explained here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You need to use the phone on o2 network first.
If you use a PAYG sim you need to wait 12 months but if you use a contract sim it can be done immediately.
All explained here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Did you use a pay as you go SIM card or a pay monthly?

You need to either pay off the device plan in full to unlock or pay £15 credit on payg but you need to make a few chargeable calls & texts first to register it on the network 

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bought and paid the phone in one time only.

Thank you, I will see how to register it on the network.

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a contract SIM but is strange because it really doesn't work when I try to unlock it from Internet.

Looks like there's no solution.

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You need to wait for the unlock code to be emailed to you. It isn't instant.
Read the guide and it will explain what happens.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 7

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous how are you getting on, did you manage to get the unlock code in the end? slight_smile

Message 7 of 7