cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung SGH-E520

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using an old Samsung phone to make calls.

When I view the Contatcts, am I seeing what is on the phone, or what is on the SIM? Can I view either?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
It depends.
Normally there is a setting within contacts to see either SIM, phone or both.
Sometimes it is useful and tells you a number next to the option - this is the number stored in that place.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

Using Phonebook options While viewing contact details, press to access the following options: • Edit: edit contact information. Menu functions Phonebook (Menu 2) 31 • Send message: send an SMS or MMS message to the selected number, or an e-mail to the selected address. • Copy to: copy the contact to the phone’s memory or to the SIM card. • Send via: send the contact via SMS, MMS, e-mail, or Bluetooth. • Delete: delete the selected contact.

Taken from the manual here : http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200605/20060508083414671_SGH-D520_Eng_Ver1[1].0_060323....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand.

When I view contacts am I looking at information stored on the phone, or the SIM

Message 3 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
It depends.
Normally there is a setting within contacts to see either SIM, phone or both.
Sometimes it is useful and tells you a number next to the option - this is the number stored in that place.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143435 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't understand.

When I view contacts am I looking at information stored on the phone, or the SIM

It is whatever you have selected to be viewed in the settings. 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous did you manage to find out in the end if it was SIM or phone contacts? Any help from the guide posted above? Cheers

Message 6 of 6