Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Windows worst phone ever

TheWiseGuy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I currently have 5 Windows Mobile phones personal and business in 3 countries - 4 Microsoft and 1 old Nokia - all running Windows 10.

If they get damaged have choice of free repair (except water andscreen damage.

02 NI store quite helpful at taking phone back for repair.

As soon as gets a new mothertboard or issue, the 2 years warrantee starts again.

If get lost because profiles are linked to our Microsoft, Skype, etc accounts, just pull up my phone and locate it.

After a few minutes, whether or not SIM is in or switched on or silent an air piercing series of PINGs alert when GPS locator has found and shows within 10 meters on map.

Have been told phone not found in hotels and train stations and by PINGing from other windows tech, have got confirmation another staff member put in a drawer and they didn't know.

One phone been back 4 times and paid 3 times for screen cracking issues.

Annoying but they take responsibility for structural problems and hardware failure and replace them for free.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

A few years ago I was invited down to a o2 phone launch and was privy to see the windows 7 phone.  I wrote an article on this and I have to admit being a avid Apple fan boy, I was very impressed with windows.  It was smooth, fresh and really good.

there were a few issues, but overall and 8.1 then windows 10 came and again very good and smooth too.

but one thing I wrote in the article was the lack of apps, and if the developers don’t want to write for it, then the operating system will die.

i don’t think Microsoft truly understood the Android and Apple market  and just taking over the Nokia brand thought that it would be good enough to continue.

Things never recovered and it just continued to go down hill from a few years ago, app developers stopped writing all together and there was not enough windows fan boys out there.

Business embraced it and they were widely used and still are in the industry, however this is now starting to die as well.  Airlines are removing there windows devices and surface books and replacing them with Apple iPad and iPhones.  Some companies are again replacing with Samsung or Apple iPhones. 

Microsoft made some great phones and cheap, they had great internals, but with no app support, developers just not wanting to write apps and like people have said, Microsoft being too late to the party, the end was only a matter of time.

One of the biggest mistakes Microsoft made was not allowing some of the windows phone to be updated say from 7 to 8 and then 8 to 10.  This was a bad marketing and suicidal move, which also helped to kill them off.  Same with PCs. Not allowing customers to update windows and Charing every time for a new version, Apple corned the market and made it free.  Just as it does with phones.

I understand Apple and Android devices do have a shelf life, but Apple keep the updates going as long as possible. Look at the iPhone 5S.  Made in 2013, shipped with IOS 7.  It is still been supported now in 2017 and will be in 2018 and is now using IOS 11.  4 years on and still going strong.  I’m not saying Apple will continue supporting it in late 2018 with IOS 12. But Microsoft didn’t learn and just helped with the nail in the coffin.

I still use a windows 10 phone at work and set loads up, I have to be honest and say the phones are starting to slow down and we’re getting problems too now.

But I have to say a well done to Microsoft for keeping them up to date regarding bug fixes etc, Which I cant say the same with certain companies using Android though.

Did I buy a Windows phone, Yes, did I like it, Yes, but with not many apps, not many banking apps and I couldn’t  even get basic apps, I sold it.

i do have Android and Apple devices and use them for personal and testing. But would not buy a windows phone again.

Just my my views though. 

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 2 of 2