cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Sim & 950xl

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I was just looking to see if anyone else has or has had the same issue I am having with my O2 Sim and my 950xl and if it can be fixed (I'm assuming it's related to O2 and/or the sim itself)?

On the phone if you go into settings - extras - network services, there is usually a few network/sim related options such as total talk time counter, option to set call forwarding and such but currently as soon as I try to go into the network services section it goes to open it up and I see it briefly for a second and it spits me back out to the extras screen.

I have put in another sim card from another network and I have no issue, I can get into the network services section perfectly and do what I have to do. So something is a miss with my sim or it may be something not supported by O2?

Any help would be most welcomed. Thank you.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Try a new sim first to rule it out.
Pop into any o2 shop and they will swap it for free.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just tried two O2 sims and same issue.
Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Is it a PAYG sim?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, my sim and the two I tried are all PAYG.

When I stuck in a PAYG EE sim I don't have this issue, allows me into the menu fine.

Message 5 of 11

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Only thing I can think is that o2 don't support those features, like call forwarding, on PAYG.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm starting to think it might be O2 not supporting the Windows range. Come to think of it, I could setup call forwarding etc. with the same sim on an old Samsung.

I can see briefly for the second it shows me before spitting me out, the likes of the total call counter is working and is keeping a count of total call time so it seems to be functioning, just won't let me in to get at the other options.

Looks like I might have to give O2 a ring tomorrow which I didn't really want too.

Message 7 of 11

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
These options are available on my 950, I assume it's because your payg
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
So do I.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous Did you find out more info on this in the end?

Message 10 of 11