cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Sim & 950xl

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I was just looking to see if anyone else has or has had the same issue I am having with my O2 Sim and my 950xl and if it can be fixed (I'm assuming it's related to O2 and/or the sim itself)?

On the phone if you go into settings - extras - network services, there is usually a few network/sim related options such as total talk time counter, option to set call forwarding and such but currently as soon as I try to go into the network services section it goes to open it up and I see it briefly for a second and it spits me back out to the extras screen.

I have put in another sim card from another network and I have no issue, I can get into the network services section perfectly and do what I have to do. So something is a miss with my sim or it may be something not supported by O2?

Any help would be most welcomed. Thank you.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curr946  I've used this sim in my old Samsung phone before I moved it into the 950xl and I was able to get into any network settings whilst on payg.

@Marjo  Coincidentally I was in my local O2 shop speaking with the Guru today after the online Guru wanted to send me down to have it looked at in person the other day.

Sadly I will try to keep it brief as I will end up just ranting after my Guru vist haha.

- Told Guru problem

- Was asked if phone was locked/unlocked to which reply was factory unlocked and was sim free

- Guru took sim out of phone and popped it into another (non) Mircrosoft phone for 'testing'.

- Got told sim works (Which would be the case as the sim works fine in all other purposes)

- Got phone handed back to me (after I had to put it together as he couldn't) and was told the phone must not be properly unlocked, and basically there you go. Out the door.

When I made the point that if that was the case of the phone not being properly unlocked at the factory, then wouldn't the issue replicate with any network? Which I didn't get a response.

If this was the case, I was expecting the Guru to tell me after I had my phone back in my hand that they can properly unlock it there at the store and that will fix the issue, but nothing further was said or offered which indicates to me in my opinion that the Guru didn't believe in his own assesment and why I left feeling mugged off haha.

But heyho. In the grand scheme of things it's a minior issue and I assume it will be something were I probably won't find out a solution (Well, apart from using other network provider sims).

Message 11 of 11