cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 920

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any new news on the Nokia Lumia 920 becoming available on O2?

The EE exclusivety finishes today (31st December 2012) and as of yet there has been no definitive answer from any of the other networks, other than the odd rumour on a tech site. There is no sign of the phone on the Coming soon section of the shop either.

Surely you want to sell the WP8 flagship phone?

Message 1 of 191
190 REPLIES 190

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Well that may be, but she was on for quite a while with me.... Didn't get the feeling that she was rushing me. Guess we'll have to wait and see!!

wink

Message 21 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

I very much doubt that the live chat hosts know what is really happening. I had this same issue when i expressed an interest in the Lumia 900 which was the flagship WP8 device spring of last year.

Carphonewarehouse and Phones4u advertised it as being available for pre-order on an O2 contract but when the time came they could fulfill all pre-orders on orange and vodaphone but were unable to for O2.

They were asked repeatedly what the problem was and could only reply with "O2 are currently performing network compatibility tests..."

So i then decided to come over here and visit our beloved O2 "service" provider who had not even the slightest hint of the device on there website but had been repreatedly asked on numerous occasions where they stood with respect to offering the flagship WP8 handset.

For the most part O2 remained mute on the subject but occasionally a O2 representative would offer some attempt at a customer communication and give hope to those and say "yes it will be available" and then some other representative would come along and quash all hope with a big fat NO.

I asked O2UK on twitter a number of times who simply stated "keep an eye out on our website for future updates" which was completely sidestepping the question.

So finally on to O2 webchat - they pretty much came up with "not sure dont know, keep and eye on the 'coming soon' list"

So all in all O2 is a telecoms company who either cant or dont want to comunicate with their customers through complete ineptitude or fear of loosing them to the competion.

Coulorful language ommited

Message 22 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nokia have confirmed the 920 is coming to O2 Ireland from Friday.  Surely the UK must be coming around the same time?

If not, then it's the last straw for me with O2, I'll be off elsewhere.

Message 23 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable
Jumping ship. Want the 920, cant be bothered with the 'cant confirm, cant deny approach of o2....who simply will not carry the most popular windows handset going because....they are trying to get everyone using the iphone still?
Message 24 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

So Three have officially launched this phone in their online shop and Vodafone will be selling it by Wednesday 6th, O2 Ireland have it coming in February making O2 UK the only network not to be offering this phone or even officially acknowledging if they will be.

Sorry O2 but I've had enough of your childish games of stringing customers along with "watch the coming soon page" you're either supplying it or you're not there's no competitive edge to be gained here by being secretive about it. Come Wednesday if it's not on your site then i'm taking my money to Vodafone.

Message 25 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been phoning round the networks today. Three are practically willing to cut off their own arm to have me on this phone, and Vodafone, while no tarrif available, are able to discuss this and when to call back...

O2 however don't have any record of the phone, when it will be, where it is, what it is. Oddly enough web chat always says the same, it's coming soon.

What's more frustrating is the, "check the website coming soon section" well yes I did that, I was hoping as a company you may have a bit more insIght. Add to this the fact that they already have the z10 on the site and are promoting it, suggests that O2 uk really couldn't care less about this phone

P.s. how hard is it to get this phone from a company in any colour other than black!

Message 26 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

Serton, what sort of deal are Three offering?  I'm thinking of going with them, but they only seem to be doing 24-month contracts at £31/month.

If I could get £25/mo for 18 months, I'd switch.

Message 27 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable
69 up front and 36 pounds a month for 24 months. Nothing spectacular. The offers I got from her were no upfront cost and slightly if her monthly bills or 30 quid credit on my account. Nothing spectacular.

Going to see what Vodafone offer in the week and if O2 will get their finger out. Neither car phone warehouse nor phones4u, said anyone other than ee would get the phone. In fact CPW advised me that as it was a 4g phone it was useless unless on EE, ah bless their ignorance...
Message 28 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, I thought when you said they were willing to cut their arm off you meant they were giving you a much better deal than they'd give anyone.

Message 29 of 191

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got my PAC ready to leave, O2 wanted to know why so I told them in no uncertain terms yet they still refused to acknowledge the 920 even exists!

Decided to go to vodafone as they will be offering the phone in a couple of colours.

If anyone from O2 is reading this, let your management know that keeping quiet about a phone only works when nobody else is offering it. If you're going to be late to the party you should learn to let people know and not keep them guessing.

Message 30 of 191