cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 620 - Help with Settings

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I have just got a 620 on Pay and Go. I have swapped my number from my old standard sim in the old phone to the new micro sim in the new phone and the new phone rings when I try my old number. When I check the settings in the 620 it still dispays the number for the micro sim which was originally on it and when I go into the My O2 account page on my pc it tells me that the 620 is not accepting o2's settings sent via text and that I will have to do this manually. It tells me to find the phone in Mobile Guide and click on Settings. The problem is the 620 is not mentioned in the Guide and therefore I cannot get to the Manual Settings page. Just wondered if any one else had this problem. I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to mobile phones I'm afraid.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144190 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yes, I understand it's ringback that requires the pin. I guess if you've set "no pin" there must be a fault (although I thought you ALWAYS had to enter a pin if using ringback).
I'd suggest dialing 1760 to turn off vm, then 1750 to turn back on and reset your settings again.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 13

Meiasdad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, but I have turned voicemail off & back on and reset voicemail through o2.  Previous Nokia's havn't required a pin on ringback if set to no Pin.

o2 says it's "a feature of the phone" Nokias say its the operators (o2) system.

Message 12 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144190 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Can't advise any more unfortunately as I don't have a 620 or use the ringback function.
I'm assuming you've Googled it to see if anything pops up....?
It may just be an issue with the windows software which is due an update anytime now....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 13