cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 1520

Anonymous
Not applicable

The Lumia 1520 will be available from mid-late November from Nokia.  Is there any news on whether O2 will be stocking it from launch?

I'm due an upgrade and I'm liable to move to whichever network has it first! (well, within reason!)

Message 1 of 22
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Keep checking here http://www.o2.co.uk/comingsoon
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Keep checking here http://www.o2.co.uk/comingsoon
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Take into account moving Network for a model of phone could leave you with a nice new shiny phone and a less stable network signal.
Message 3 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Take into account moving Network for a model of phone could leave you with a nice new shiny phone and a less stable network signal.

Very true, hence the 'within reason'!  There is a certain network between 2 and 4 that I would never join, partly because of their aggressive sales tactics of constantly calling me whenever my contract is nearly up!

Message 4 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Very true, hence the 'within reason'!  There is a certain network between 2 and 4 that I would never join, partly because of their aggressive sales tactics of constantly calling me whenever my contract is nearly up!

Hope all goes ok for you in whatever you decide.

Take care.

Message 5 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

this post is nonsense, the question is about the available release date, not a page that just says comming soon, we all know its comming soon, but when, if this waste of a page was to be of any use to anyone it would have count down clock or just tell us the release date, honestly, what time frame does comming soon cover, a day, a week, a month. it is an infuriating waste of everyones time and sanity, to have no clues, just keep checking every day.

a Guru told me last week it would be the 12th dec. then on monday i was told by another Guru there is no release date, whats the big secret ?? i want to change my phone, i would like a date to make arrangements to change to my new phone etc, are there really pople out there that enjoy having to keep checking the same website every day.

Message 6 of 22

MI5
  • 143424 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Do you suffer from high blood pressure...?

Currently using:
Message 7 of 22

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Do you suffer from high blood pressure...?

It certainly looks that way! 😞

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

nope, no high blood pressure, i have the patience of a saint, kind in nature, etc etc etc, i do have an intolerance to two things tho, lactose and the term comming soon. that term is right up there with the likes of, are we there yet, it will be ready soon, etc. They are phrases designed to grate even the gods, if you asked a god that question or gave that answere, there would be some mighty smiting that day.

my point was why keep this information from the paying public who want this phone, who have expiring contracts etc and want to renew, why force them to constantly check for an update.

Just tell them it will be available on this date so they can make arrangements etc. and dont leave the customer in the frustrating dark.

i work in IT, if i  ever told them i would be comming soon and left it at that when they need help i would be hung.

try these

my pipes are cracked and my house is flooding.

when will my package be delivered

when is the next train

when can you  get here doctor

reply with comming soon

i also seem to have a lot of free time of an evening lmo

Message 9 of 22

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just tell them it will be available on this date so they can make arrangements etc. and dont leave the customer in the frustrating dark.

i work in IT, if i  ever told them i would be comming soon and left it at that when they need help i would be hung.

try these

my pipes are cracked and my house is flooding.

when will my package be delivered

when is the next train

when can you  get here doctor

reply with comming soon

i also seem to have a lot of free time of an evening lmo

If they knew then no doubt they would say so don't you think?

As a heating engineer I could tell you when I would arrive, but asking how long the repair would take didn't get the answer people often expected for many and various reasons.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 22