Will my husbands o2 pay as go  transfer to the Nokia 3310

as I saw an article that 02 will not support it

Thank you

Message 1 of 28
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I expect you will just need to put in the SIM card into the phone & you'll be ready to go but back up your contacts first & if the sim doesn't fit, pop into an o2 store & they will give you a new sim & a sim swap

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous I expect you will just need to put in the SIM card into the phone & you'll be ready to go but back up your contacts first & if the sim doesn't fit, pop into an o2 store & they will give you a new sim & a sim swap

Message 2 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the prompt reply I will do that

Message 3 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Yes it will work fine.
What you saw was probably saying that o2 would be supporting them by selling them, but as it's a standard GSM phone it will work on any GSM network.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck @Anonymous & enjoy the phone 

Message 5 of 28

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Anonymous

I have a brand New Nokia 3310 and I can tell you that o2, Tescos, Voda, EE, Asda,  all work perfect in the phone.

you just have to choose the O2 PAYG or O2 contract settings if you want to use internet.

Internet works fine, all a bit slow, but it works and I've been using it for BBC news and a few other mobile sites. 

If if you need anything else or want to know regarding any menus then please ask. But enjoy the 3310.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 6 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

I have a Galaxy with all its bells and whistles my husband prefers basic so it sounds perfect

Message 7 of 28

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Anonymous

It's a great phone I have to admit,  camera isn't bad either and takes ok shots in good conditions.

Battery life is awesome that I can tell you,  calls are clear, texting is average,  not like the good only Nokias.

But it's a great phone none the less 👍

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 8 of 28

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous! How's it going setting up the Nokia 3310? All good with the SIM in it? slight_smile

Thanks @MI5, @Anonymous, @darrengf! slight_smile

Message 9 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does it work to receive MMS picture messages though? I have not been able to set it up for this yet have you?
Message 10 of 28