cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Blackberry Bold 9900 - people can't hear me!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have very recently bought a Blackberry bold 9900. Phone is working well apart from one major thing, during a call people are complaining that thet can hardly hear me, yet i can hear them fine. I have tried looking to change settings but all that seems to happen is that the volume at which i can hear other people increases.

any help out there ?

cheers

ben 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

thanks for the messages. I've tried giving it a good clean, taking the battery out whilst switched on, had only downloaded google maps and opera mini so don't think that could be an issue. Have fiddled around with settings etc and made sure my finger was not over the mic :smileywink:.. someone said to me it was slightly better for a while but today again has been frustrating. Think it's going have to go back to the shop and try and get a new one... only had the thing about two weeks!!

cheers for the help and opinions, appreciated! 

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Do you have the same problem using bluetooth?

Do you have the latest software installed?

Try a battery pull with the phone switched on which should reset the phone.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

is this only happening in one area or is it everywhere you go?

Message 3 of 6

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Apparently loads of people are having this same issue.  Sometimes a reset works or removing some third party apps which has been causing issues.  Other people have said reinstalling the OS has solved the issue. 

Hope you get it sorted slight_smile

Samsung S8
Message 4 of 6

macblank
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 520 Posts
  • 19 Topics
  • 23 Solutions
Have u checked Mic area is clean?

Also a daft thought.. when I had my iPhone 3gs, I had a habit of blocking the Mic with my lil finger due to the way I held it.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped slight_smile
Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

thanks for the messages. I've tried giving it a good clean, taking the battery out whilst switched on, had only downloaded google maps and opera mini so don't think that could be an issue. Have fiddled around with settings etc and made sure my finger was not over the mic :smileywink:.. someone said to me it was slightly better for a while but today again has been frustrating. Think it's going have to go back to the shop and try and get a new one... only had the thing about two weeks!!

cheers for the help and opinions, appreciated! 

Message 6 of 6