cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Nokia Lumia 650

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having very recently upgraded from the 640 to the 650 ... because I was very kindly informed by a member on the forum that Microsoft were not going to make anymore Windows phones, so kinda get it whilst you can 

atm I am running both the 640 & the 650 as need to take time to see how to take my 640 caloendar over to the 650

Most of the carrying over was done in the Skipton shop by 3 different members of staff

May I compliment the shop, run by long-time general manager Stavros @Toby ... they worked seamlessly as a team ... I, basically, sat patiently whilst they did their job

Will someone on the O2 Community forum please explain in Janet-&-John speak ie do I have Wi-Fi switched permanently? on or off ... & ... do I have data switched permanently? on or off ... because as said on my 640 thread I'm loosing data fast since Whatsap & Messenger were downloaded onto my 640 last Friday by a whizz kid in the town's WMC

Cat

Message 1 of 129
128 REPLIES 128

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would rather like to have various sources of news on my Lumia 650, don't wish to only have Daily Mail Online

I need an app which will bring in news from various sources

Anyone got any ideas please ?

Message 31 of 129

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
There seems to be quite a few apps out there (none of which I can offer any personal experience of) but the guys at windows central have been discussing them here http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-1020/293167-favorite-news-rss-reader.html
I'd try a few of the free ones and see if you can find one you like.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 32 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @MI5 ... will do as you suggest later on today slight_smile

Message 33 of 129

Cleoriff
  • 122349 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It's very easy to do Jane. Most news sites give you the option to 'get the app'.

I have BBC news and 3 others on my phone...and actually subscribed to the apps via my pc.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 34 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Cleoriff ... I like the BBC News ... on my old Lumia 640 news came in from various sources as it happened, I didn't do anything, I got to particularly like Reuters & the Huffington Post ... I'll look into it later on today as atm waiting for a plumber ... & ... he takes priority wink

Message 35 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still to do the above  ^  ^  ^ ... = ... been rather busy with 'more pressing' household things

Have been playing Dragon Mania Legends on my Lumia 650

Is it possible to play the game on my laptop ?

Purple Yoda Bobite 

Cat

Message 36 of 129

Cleoriff
  • 122349 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Yes its available for PC from the  Microsoft store @Anonymous

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/store/p/dragon-mania-legends/9wzdncrdh42t

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you @Cleoriff ... will do slight_smile

Message 38 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

got a glimpse of my old contacts = those I thought I lost when my original 640 got water damaged 

so they must be in my 650 somewhere

I'd like a contacts tile on my homescreen please

contacts arn't listed as a group heading

I use phone symbol & go from there 

Dominic from Skipton Laptop Centre asked me where my contacts was = I don't know where the complete list is, bunged him a note for a beer after work ... arn't I nice? slight_smile

he got my phone on Messenger, previously only accessed on laptop

Purple Yoda Bobite

Edited for spelling

Message 39 of 129

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
Scroll to the left then down to people press and it should come up with a message pin to start, tap and you should see a tile on your home screen with all your contacts there
Message 40 of 129