cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Nokia Lumia 650

Anonymous
Not applicable

Having very recently upgraded from the 640 to the 650 ... because I was very kindly informed by a member on the forum that Microsoft were not going to make anymore Windows phones, so kinda get it whilst you can 

atm I am running both the 640 & the 650 as need to take time to see how to take my 640 caloendar over to the 650

Most of the carrying over was done in the Skipton shop by 3 different members of staff

May I compliment the shop, run by long-time general manager Stavros @Toby ... they worked seamlessly as a team ... I, basically, sat patiently whilst they did their job

Will someone on the O2 Community forum please explain in Janet-&-John speak ie do I have Wi-Fi switched permanently? on or off ... & ... do I have data switched permanently? on or off ... because as said on my 640 thread I'm loosing data fast since Whatsap & Messenger were downloaded onto my 640 last Friday by a whizz kid in the town's WMC

Cat

Message 1 of 129
128 REPLIES 128

Anonymous
Not applicable

@captainprice wrote:
Scroll to the left then down to people press and it should come up with a message pin to start, tap and you should see a tile on your home screen with all your contacts there

thank you @captainprice for replying

I've done as you explain, I'd never have thought of pressing on people

I have noticed something at top of 'limited contacts' = show some accounts

I now have show all accounts = some Facebook numbers were not there = I thought it something to do with water damage of 640lte which was replaced foc from damage done last June Skipton Gala Day

Happy Little Bunny now Bouncy

thanks Captain Prince Thanks!

Purple   Yoda   Bobite 

Cat

Edited for making sense Smiley LOL

Message 41 of 129

captainprice
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
@Anonymous glad I could help us Microsoft phone users have to stick together as we are becoming less and less🙂
Message 42 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

@captainprice wrote:
@Anonymous glad I could help us Microsoft phone users have to stick together as we are becoming less and less🙂

Too true slight_smile

Message 43 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning @captainprice

* Ahem * ... I've done a silly thing with my Lumia 650lte

I've managed to remove people tile which I like on my phone home screen

when I press on people in my contacts list to pin to screen = the 'pin to screen' box comes up but nothing happens when I press it ?

Sorry to bother you

Jane's being a bit of a Numpty again slight_frown 

May The Force Be With You ... Always

Message 44 of 129

captainprice
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
@Anonymous It should be the same process as before if not just turn your phone off and back on again and try again if that doesn't work turn your phone off take the battery out wait a minute put the battery back in and turn the phone on and try the process again hopefully that should work
Message 45 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @captainprice ... having trouble getting back of phone off ... = ... never done this before

is it best to find some sort of lever device to do this ?

Message 46 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @captainprice ... I can't do it ... even with some manicure pointy metal end device ... I don't want to break anything so I'll go see the boys in the O2 shop = I've not bovvered them for a while wink ... & ... see if my favourite member of staff = irish Joe is there Happy Dance

thank you for bothering to reply Captain Prince, much appreciated = you enjoy your day slight_smile

May The Force Be With You ... Always 

Message 47 of 129

captainprice
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
@Anonymous the best way I found is where the charger goes in the bottom is to get your nail just under the cover and gently ease the cover off
Message 48 of 129

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @captainprice Thanks!

there was a lovely woman in the Skipton O2 shop

she straightaway sorted me out re: couldn't get calendar onto home page = the pin to start box was up but not working = silly silly me LOL ... = ... it's already there at the top of the home screen = with the day & date on = I just didn't know

somehow or other the people tile was there ?

my tiles have a mind of their own 'wandering' about the home screen = lovely lady sorted them out for me making the people & calendar tiles bigger for me

will get the lady's name tomorrow to feed back positively ... & ... she didn't talk down to me ... no-one has done really since I joined O2 

Happy Bunny Bouncy

Message 49 of 129

captainprice
  • 165 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 4 Solutions
@Anonymous glad you got it all sorted out
Message 50 of 129