cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Anonymous
Not applicable

My trusty Nokia 515 has served me well utd ..... but ..... tbh I'd like a bigger screen ..... as ..... I take fairish amount of photos from the phone ..... don't use my digital camera for owt, its in its box in the bureaux ..... = ..... just sooooo hit & miss using it ..... not foolproof like my old trusty Ricoh, which was Camera of the Year once upon a time slight_smile

I've been browsing O2 website, the new real cat of O2, well got tearful about it, way to go WhiteRealPussCat, whose name I just can't remember atm ..... but ..... just luvved the manufactured hybrid cat, as @Cleoriff would say ie CatsHead with a DogsBody tee hee hee ..... he / she / it strutted its stuff like John Travolta did in Saturday Night Fever in time to the music in neon light ..... yep ..... BeMoreDog ..... & ..... Sexy Sean Bean hasn't been dropped (he's the voice of O2)

Back to subject ..... I have checked My O2 & found I have £40 to pay off the device, which is do-able ..... & ..... £12:50 ish per month is also fine ..... bit worried when checking up on asterisked notes eg I'd need to take out new insurance when up-grading ..... wtf ..... does this mean like my house insurance contents? ..... I separately? don't / never have taken out special insurance to cover a mobile phone, even though I'd come a cropper with contact etc, yep I know I've mentioned this before, & you people say @MI5 have advised me on backing up contacts on mobile phone, but utd I havn't done it ..... & ..... kinda still think that atm I could manage to do it by hand ie in my address book (paper type, used with black gel pen)

Whaddya think re: above  ^^^^^   ^^^^^   ^^^^^

I'm mindful of, not pressing the 'buy now' which I could sooooo easily do, & yep I could also drop into town's O2 shop early doors tomorrow, Saturday, before the crowds descend upon Skipton, & before the O2 shop gets busy

thank you

WispaRed7 Cat

All That Glitters is Not Gold Cat Very Happy

Simples

Message 1 of 401
400 REPLIES 400

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Re insurance for the phone. Firstly check your home insurance to see if mobile phones are covered in that. If not look and see if your bank does it......

If not available via that route then shop around for the best deal. I am with Nationwide Building Society and my phone is insured with them

There are far better deals than O2 insurance... You don't have to have theirs...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 401

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Go in store rather than buying online - it's much easier.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Go in store rather than buying online - it's much easier.

I presume you mean for the phone ...not the insurance? @MI5 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 401

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Yes, obviously slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you all for your replies above   ^^^^^

I bank with Yorkshire Bank, which is owned by an Auzzie bank

I have my house (building & contents) insured with them ..... ie ..... not the cheapest, but my bank has 'been good with me' & I didn't like the way I was publicly treated at Skipton Building Society, which was who I was with att ..... ie ..... as on here, Customer Service counts in today's world ..... & ..... I don't like being treated like an idiot in public, particularly when I'm parting with my money QED

Sooooo I went with Yorkshire Bank ..... & ..... in a private room, nice lady assistant branch manager even used the bank's phone to switch over my insurance cover ..... because ..... if I'd tried to do it ..... they, SBS ..... B word people, would harrass me to stay with them ..... & ..... they'd be female, top dog in the town's main street premises is a male ..... it was not time for my insurance to be renewed ..... & ..... YB lady whose business card I have, she offerred it to me, its in my wallet, with her hand-written name on ..... well, she's a SuperWoman as far as I'm concerned ..... I'm saying nowt abaht tuther assistant branch manager, also thinx B word

thank you guys, you allus give good advice ..... & ..... laffs where appropriate ..... thank you once again

WispaRed7 Cat

Do What Makes You Happy

Simples

Message 7 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Yes, obviously slight_smile

Oooookkkkkkk....obviously not in the mood to be amused just yet then.....bless Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 401

MI5
  • 144205 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
tongue

Currently using:
Message 9 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
tongue

Need to get some (more) Merlot down your neck big boy...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 401