cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE

Anonymous
Not applicable

My trusty Nokia 515 has served me well utd ..... but ..... tbh I'd like a bigger screen ..... as ..... I take fairish amount of photos from the phone ..... don't use my digital camera for owt, its in its box in the bureaux ..... = ..... just sooooo hit & miss using it ..... not foolproof like my old trusty Ricoh, which was Camera of the Year once upon a time slight_smile

I've been browsing O2 website, the new real cat of O2, well got tearful about it, way to go WhiteRealPussCat, whose name I just can't remember atm ..... but ..... just luvved the manufactured hybrid cat, as @Cleoriff would say ie CatsHead with a DogsBody tee hee hee ..... he / she / it strutted its stuff like John Travolta did in Saturday Night Fever in time to the music in neon light ..... yep ..... BeMoreDog ..... & ..... Sexy Sean Bean hasn't been dropped (he's the voice of O2)

Back to subject ..... I have checked My O2 & found I have £40 to pay off the device, which is do-able ..... & ..... £12:50 ish per month is also fine ..... bit worried when checking up on asterisked notes eg I'd need to take out new insurance when up-grading ..... wtf ..... does this mean like my house insurance contents? ..... I separately? don't / never have taken out special insurance to cover a mobile phone, even though I'd come a cropper with contact etc, yep I know I've mentioned this before, & you people say @MI5 have advised me on backing up contacts on mobile phone, but utd I havn't done it ..... & ..... kinda still think that atm I could manage to do it by hand ie in my address book (paper type, used with black gel pen)

Whaddya think re: above  ^^^^^   ^^^^^   ^^^^^

I'm mindful of, not pressing the 'buy now' which I could sooooo easily do, & yep I could also drop into town's O2 shop early doors tomorrow, Saturday, before the crowds descend upon Skipton, & before the O2 shop gets busy

thank you

WispaRed7 Cat

All That Glitters is Not Gold Cat Very Happy

Simples

Message 1 of 401
400 REPLIES 400

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143426 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Notifications are sent by email, so the email account needs to be set on the phone.
Notifications are set on the forum and nothing changes there if you change phones?
Anyway - how to add an email account here
http://www.geeksquad.co.uk/articles/microsoft-lumia-640-manual-setup-guide#add%20account
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 351 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @MI5 ... I'll do it tomorrow as it's getting late now 

Goodnight to you & @Cleoriff

btw thank you Cleo' for the link to Amazon for 650 covers ... I like the purple and the red one Cat Very Happy

Cat

Message 352 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you @MI5 ... I'll do it tomorrow as it's getting late now 

Goodnight to you & @Cleoriff

btw thank you Cleo' for the link to Amazon for 650 covers ... I like the purple and the red one Cat Very Happy

Cat

As do I Jane...some really nice covers there. Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 353 of 401

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Notifications are sent by email, so the email account needs to be set on the phone.
Notifications are set on the forum and nothing changes there if you change phones?

Oh I realise that. Just wasn't sure what happened with Jane's phone and what she may have tried to do after it got water damaged.....Something got changed if email notifications stopped coming in...(Unless she is on btinternet which doesn't cope well with emails from THIS forum...as I found out to my cost)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 354 of 401

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

I can pass on your kind words @Anonymous, fell free to PM me if you have any other info you want me to share :).

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 355 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Oh I realise that. Just wasn't sure what happened with Jane's phone and what she may have tried to do after it got water damaged.....Something got changed if email notifications stopped coming in...(Unless she is on btinternet which doesn't cope well with emails from THIS forum...as I found out to my cost)

tbh I really really att would have preferred to have had my original 640 back mended because it was set up just to how I like ... on looking today I'm not sure if My O2 is set up ... when laptop in for repair for a few days I was bereft & very ill with bpd Bi Polar Disorder & family stuff to do with my dear dad's demise ... my supporters on the forum including you @Cleoriff & @MI5 & others who would probably prefer I did not put their name here wink ... well supportive pm's I could only access on my 640 then, c/o Cleo' I think ... (I was unable to get NHS support even though I was screaming abdabs Crazy )

Anyhow, back to the subject ... I don't particularly want audio notifications or pop visual flashes of emails on my 640 = same as my laptop = I try to keep things simple stoopid 

does wot I writ above  ^  ^  ^  make sense 

Message 356 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymousthe email notifications of posts from here aren't visual pop ups or audio notifications. They are simple emails which come into your email account. For instance, if I post on a topic I get an email as soon as I post. I also get an email when anyone else posts on that topic. This is how I have organised my settings on this forum. To be honest this works well for me and enables me to be updated.

If I don't post on a topic I don't get emails. It's as simple as that...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 357 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh ... I see @Cleoriff ... I'm happy with the @Anonymous notifications I receive when I check my laptop email system ... I don't miss all that much ... I have my own way of using the forum:

1: look at latest topics to see if there is anything which interests me

2: pop into off-fopic & see the new posts there

3: unread posts, which I find useful stuff

4: look into O2 Home ... & ... the Community Ideas place

btw I realise there have been some 650 reviews, I'm gonna look them up now

Message 358 of 401

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

That ^^^^^^ is as good a way as any. We are all different and manage our time to suit our own circumstances.

Emails are good for me though. They allow me to check things out....Dance

When my emails stopped coming in I was quite bereft ....in fact I changed my email address so they would start again...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 359 of 401

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
If you let me know exactly what you want to do Jane, I'll try and help you.....

From 11/01/2017 I've used 1/8th of my data allowance ... slight_frown

Last Friday evening a lovely young woman in the town's WMC did stuff on my phone ... I remember her asking me if I was on Wi-Fi, I said yes, apparently I wasn't

Could this be something to do with it please ?

Sorry for being such a permanent tech novice ... & ... continually doing stoopid stuff ... Destroy

Message 360 of 401