cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotel guests having trouble connecting to the 02 wifi

Anonymous
Not applicable

My place of work has the 02 Wifi as a free option for guests to use, recently (i'd say over the last week or two) many guests, from the hotel, bar and restaurant, have been coming to me telling me they are having trouble connecting to the wifi. Each time they have shown me an error page stating that cookies must be enabled on the browser to access the 02 wifi.

This is where it gets interesting. Every single person that has come to me with this issue has also shown me their browser settings, be it on a phone or a laptop, and every single one of them has cookies enabled as well as being allowed from 3rd parties.

I've had the guests disconnect from the wifi completely, restart browsers and phones or other devices and yet every single time when they come to attempt to connect again they still recieve the same message saying that cookies must be enabled, when i can guarantee they most certainly are.

The strangest thing is that in the 2 years of working here, whilst we've had many issues with the 02 wifi regarding speed and the fact that some foreign numbers will just not recieve a code to enter to get online, this is the first time that i have seen people having an issue with cookies.

any known fixes to this issue would be greatly apprectiated as I have many angry guests coming up to me each week now to show me this issue they are having, particularly people travelling for business that need the wifi to do their work!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to contact your support team to resolve the issue if a simple reboot doesn't fix it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You need to contact your support team to resolve the issue if a simple reboot doesn't fix it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
As in my company's support team or the 02 support team?
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Whoever installed the O2 wifi hotspot.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4