Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Health monitoring devices

ElaGirl
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 41 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not sure if this is the right board - but I was debating purchasing a health monitoring device. I am not yet ready to purchase the apple watch and have a budget of around 150-200. I see I have options with Samsung, Garmin and Fitibit.

Would love feedback and which one works best with apple, as I do own an iPhone 7.

thanks,

Ela

Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @ElaGirl I haven't got one to share info about.. but Macworld have some they recommend.

Quite a few fit into your price range (if you discount Apples own!) https://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/iphone/fitness-trackers-that-work-with-apples-health-app-3605284/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Fitbit is likely your best choice tbh.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @ElaGirl I haven't got one to share info about.. but Macworld have some they recommend.

Quite a few fit into your price range (if you discount Apples own!) https://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/iphone/fitness-trackers-that-work-with-apples-health-app-3605284/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

If that is your price range then Fitbit certainly should be high on the list.
I would recommend going to a shop that sells these and ask if you can try a couple on.
In terms of functions, look for one that has a heart rate monitor, consider battery life and how often it will need charging, and waterproof rating. One more thing would be the syncing between device and phone which would be dependent on the amount of data the actual device could store.
I have the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 which is a great little thing. Costs about £25 on Amazon and you can change the band colour (and material) to suit.

Edit - just to add, I have an Android phone. Not sure if the Mi Band works with apple phones...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 for the MiBand 2.....it just does what it says on the tin.

Fitbit, Garmin etc are just overpriced and don't accurately measure.....google it if you don't believe me!!

Message 5 of 5