cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boostbox drops connection

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been using the O2 Boostbox (provided via my employer) for a few weeks now and I am experiencing periodic drops in connection.  The box is connected to my home network via a HomePlug which I thought was worth mentioning as this adds a layer between the box and my router.

When the box has connection all seems OK and I get excellent mobile reception.  Any known issues that could be causing these connection drops?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure how useful this is but I have noticed that my box is a lot more reliable (the connection does not drop that often) when it is positioned away from other electrical items.  I have two screens in my office and when the box is positioned near them the box will not connect.  If I move the box 1m away, bingo it connects - weird 🙂

Message 21 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just been having issues for past two weeks with Boostbox.  Just got through to be told it's a P2 Network is down currently (!!) and its BT ADSL customers that are having issues with provisioning through their network...

Message 22 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Could have been the original problem too I guess but probably been working again since.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 23