cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Z10 - "Error - The media library can't be accessed" error with camera

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my Z10 yesterday and it seems to be pretty good other than a really annoying problem with the camera. Whenever I try and go into it I get "Error - The media library can't be accessed. Please try again later or restart your device if the problem persists."

It's been restarted numerous times as it took a while for all of the services such as BBM to work after the SIM was provisioned however this fault remains. I didn't believe it was related to the network however I gave the guru the benefit of the doubt. I get the same thing regardless if a SDHC card is inserted or not.

Does anyone have any ideas? I presume this is a software fault, my wife upgraded to the same phone, has dones the same things as me and hers works fine.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very strange. I backed up and restored from BlackBerry Link from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 (of which is a BB7 OS phone) and I haven't experienced any problems.

Maybe some information that would come in useful? tongue Sorry I can't help any more 😞

Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't see that Blackberry Link actually gives you a choice what to restore, it seems to back everything up and restore everything. No matter, it's picked most of my contacts up from Facebook and I can manually copy the photos back to the SD card.

Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I recommend that you try to "backup" manually? Eg. moving the files from one device to the other using the file explorer your computer? Could help

And does this error actually happen before the backup?

Message 13 of 13