cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Z10 - "Error - The media library can't be accessed" error with camera

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my Z10 yesterday and it seems to be pretty good other than a really annoying problem with the camera. Whenever I try and go into it I get "Error - The media library can't be accessed. Please try again later or restart your device if the problem persists."

It's been restarted numerous times as it took a while for all of the services such as BBM to work after the SIM was provisioned however this fault remains. I didn't believe it was related to the network however I gave the guru the benefit of the doubt. I get the same thing regardless if a SDHC card is inserted or not.

Does anyone have any ideas? I presume this is a software fault, my wife upgraded to the same phone, has dones the same things as me and hers works fine.

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't see that Blackberry Link actually gives you a choice what to restore, it seems to back everything up and restore everything. No matter, it's picked most of my contacts up from Facebook and I can manually copy the photos back to the SD card.

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I suggest you try somewhere like "crackberry" and search their forums. Phone is too new for us to have any experience of them. Only one regular has one on here and he may be on later to offer advice but it does sound like it's something specific to your handset.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 13

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

BB10 is a fairly new OS, so reporting all the bugs right now will get the things working or fixed as soon as. Don't people actually beta test these things?

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Same issue. Brand new z10. Can't find anything on net.
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I got through to o2 a couple of hours ago and they don't seem to have any idea what is up with it, as I'm in the 7 day cooling off period they are simply going to replace the phone. A bit annoying really.

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fair enough will pop back in to shop tomorrow then. Cheers
Message 6 of 13

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

As a matter of interest, has the path to save a photo been set to the right location? As in is it set to save to the phone or to the sd card?

Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've tried a couple of sd cards. One was a formatted 4Gb so clean. When I opened the camera it said do you wish to save to the sd card. I said yes, then the same error appeared shortly after. Checking the sd card after removing it shows the phone did actually created the usual set of folders so that side of things is ok.

Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I have made some progress solving the problem as O2 haven't got the replacement handset to me. When I first got the phone I used Blackberry Link to copy my data across from the old Bold 9780, one of the first things I did. I never tried the camera before doing this.

Just for the hell of it I backed up the phone with Blackberry Link this evening and then performed a Security Wipe (Settings > Security and Privacy > Security Wipe). This takes about 15 minutes to run. The phone restarted like it was brand new and once I'd set the wireless password and a few other options I went into the camera. It worked!

I restored the backup, tried the camera and the error came back again. Whatever the problem it is linked to the data transferred from my 9780. The bad news in all of this is I doubt a replacement handset will help, this must be a software fault.  

Message 9 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What data are you restoring? Maybe one of the files is corrupt and causing the error. Try not restoring any photos/videos etc to check....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 13