cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Curve 9300 will send bbm but not receive

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I can send bbm but not receive them.  I have tried taking the battery out and in - no change.  I have tried registering phone again - no change.  I have deleted the service books and re-instated them and still no change. I can get on the internet, I can use e-mails and texts fine its just bbm not working properly.

Its worked fine for 2 years and now I really don't know what else I can do.

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which operating system are you using on the Curve?

BBM can be deleted by doing one of the following:

• On your device, go to Options (might be called Settings) > Applications > Add-on > BlackBerry Messenger > scroll to the app, Press the Menu key > Delete. (could be Options > Advanced Applications... etc.)
  • Options > Device > Application Management. Scroll to BBM, press the menu button and select Delete.

If this doesnt work then you might need to just re-install BBM from BlackBerry World instead.

Let me know how you get on

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried deleting BBM and re-installing it?

I know it seems like a drastic measure but you never know, it might work!

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I can't find how to delete bbm. Other posts seem to think its not deletable as its part of operating system. Ran diagnostic and only thing not right is ICMP ping echo is no. Could this be the cause of my problems with bbm not receiving but being able to send?
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which operating system are you using on the Curve?

BBM can be deleted by doing one of the following:

• On your device, go to Options (might be called Settings) > Applications > Add-on > BlackBerry Messenger > scroll to the app, Press the Menu key > Delete. (could be Options > Advanced Applications... etc.)
  • Options > Device > Application Management. Scroll to BBM, press the menu button and select Delete.

If this doesnt work then you might need to just re-install BBM from BlackBerry World instead.

Let me know how you get on

Message 4 of 4