Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blackberry Bolt On

Asdic_Ping
Level 4: Observant
  • 87 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I was browsing the O2 pay monthly sim only tariffs and noticed that if you select a Blackberry phone there is no additional charge for data. Now I know that the latest Blackberry phones running BB10 don't need a bolt on, but what about those on OS 7.1 or below that still use BIS?

BlackBerry 9300, 9810 & Playbook
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I remember, the BlackBerry Bolt-on was included in the tarrif cost, so the £5 was essentially paid for by O2 I think.

Don't quote me on that but I dont remember paying more for the bolt-on when I had my BBOS phones

Edit to say that that was obviously on a contract, not PAYG!

Message 2 of 4

Asdic_Ping
  • 87 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I pay £3 per month for a Blackberry data bolt on, on top of my monthly charge of £21 for my 9810. I seem to recall a few months ago looking at the pay monthly sim only tariffs, that selecting a Blackberry phone added a little more to the monthly cost to cover this bolt on. Perhaps O2's pricing policy has changed since then.

BlackBerry 9300, 9810 & Playbook
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

As I mentioned, don't quote me as I could be wrong...the old grey matter isn't what it used to be as I get older! Smiley Very Happy

I can't even check because I'm now using a Z10 so have no need for the Bolt-On, sorry!

Message 4 of 4