cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful Customer service!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sick and tired of the absolute lack of customer service at o2. For well over a month now o2 have failed to help me even in the slightest, all they have done is waste my time completely.

It started when my I discovered my phone was locked. I went to get it unlocked (it was locked without my knowing when i bought the phone I might add, a phone singular, not with contract) and all the unlock code attempts were used up. So I phoned o2 directly, and they said they would send me a code to unlock it. They have sent me numerous e-mails, all with the SAME code that does not work. I phone again, they assure me the next code will work; It does not as they AGAIN send the SAME useless code. I phone AGAIN, this time on the phone for over 2 hours explaining in fine detail the problem, they tell me they understand, and will send me a new & unique code that will definatly work. That was 2 weeks ago & I am yet to recive the e-mail or code.

I am completely FED UP with the poor & frankly flippent customer service at o2, and I'm starting to think it will never get resolved because they just dont care at all about their customers as long as they get their money each month.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What phone is it and where did it come from?
Why did you not know it was locked to O2? I'm guessing it was maybe a PAYG phone which are obviously locked (same for all networks)?
If you've maxed out your unlock attempts it will have to go back to the manufacturer now to be reset - I'm confused as to why you continued to enter the wrong code so many times.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 32

jonsie
  • 92919 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I,m not sure what you mean when you say it was locked without you knowing. Unless you bought it sim free any phone supplied on P&G by O2 is locked to the network?

Unlock codes are supplied by the phone manufacturer to O2 so they are reliant on the manufacturer sending you the correct code.

Message 3 of 32

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

Have you tried taking it to an O2 store as sometimes issues can be resolved quicker in store.

Message 4 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was bought sim free from an o2 store, and when I purchased it no one said it was locked to o2 only. At the time I didn't even know about phone locking & only know now because of the trouble I have had with this one. I got it & bought a sim card contract shortly after with o2 and its been fine for 3 years, but now I want to switch my sim in this phone, it refuses to work on any other network.

When I was putting the codes, tbh, I had no clue what I was doing, I was trying to click off the screen to do something else & whenever I clicked the cancel button it used up a code.

I had 3 codes left & I took it to be unlocked but they couldnt do it & the codes were all used up.

So I phoned o2 & they assured me it could be rectified, but like I said, all their codes have not worked & the one that they claim will work they still haven't sent after 2 weeks of waiting.

Message 5 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also yes, I did take it to an o2 store originally & explaine dthe problem, they then sent me the first email with the wrong code & 4 phone calls later its still not resolved & it feels like they have just dumped me in a corner hoping I'll forget about it.
Message 6 of 32

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
For future info, no networks sell sim free phones, ever!
This phone has to go in for a reset on special equipment so I would pursue O2 for that to be done. Escalate to complaints if you have to. What phone is it as there may be other ways which will get you unlocked quicker?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 32

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It's a shame you only found the forum after the damage has been done.......!

As you now know, networks rarely sell unlocked phones for obvious reasons.

Many other retailers will supply them sim free.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its a blackberry curve. I will definatly keep pursuing it as I cant afford to spend money on a new one, I'm just getting sick of phoning o2 & getting the same circular responses & 'help' over & over again.

If they can take it & sort it that would be great, even if I have to pay a fee, as long as it gets sorted.

Message 9 of 32

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another option would be to approach a standalone mobile phone shop or flea market trader to have the phone unlocked.

This would incur a small fee for the work but should be around £10-£15.
Message 10 of 32