Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish me luck guys.

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I'm just about to go through a day off psychotherapy and hypnotherapy to stop smoking! I'm doing an Allen Carr all-day. seminar.

I've never tried to quit before, never really wanted to tbqh. I'm ready though, I've had enough of this monkey on my back and am determined to stop!

**crosses all my bits**
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Good sign so far slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Wow that is progress Charlie. I always found the very worst time was having a drink in one hand and no cigarette in the other. It's also great you have had the diet issue linked in with the hypnosis. At one time they advised against trying the two things together....(mind you, this isnt your situation...as you are already on a diet so that is part of your lifestyle already) Keep us updated. wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 48

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Will do, I had 2 cocktails and a light lunch.. No cig afterwards, or with the booze lol. Massive progress. I've gotten home and had a twinge for a ciggie but not had one.

I've got a couple in the garage, it's kind of if I know they're there I could have one if I wanted to, but I'm resisting. Taking things one step at a time 😁

Thanks for the support guys! 👍
Message 33 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Charlie ... just updated myself with your thread

Hey you've made so much progress in such a short time ... I hope you're proud of yourself slight_smile

Way to go Charlie ... we're all here to support you

As an aside: I could never crack dieting ... & ... far too old to try again now ... you name it I tried it 

As Cleo' has said your dieting & trying to stop smoking ... hypnotism as well as the patches, well it sounds a good plan

All the Best for your Success

Message 34 of 48

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Thanks for the support @Anonymous, it's funny (as in unexpected) but I've found u guys a real boost. Fire that, I'm really grateful.

The hypnotist added in some reinforcement around my dieting as well as the smoking cessation, and I've found that really useful.

I've self-hypnotised twice now with the CD, and I've found it really simple to do. That floaty feeling u get before nodding off is actually a self-hypnosis natural state. You use that to communicate with your unconscious mind. Now when I'm getting the twinge for a ciggie, I've done a few deep breaths and remembered that I'm trying to become a non-smoker 😁 that along with the patch is really working.

I'm also attending a session with the pharmacist this aft, to further add tools to my no smoking toolbox 👍
Message 35 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Great news. See what this shows Charlie... is a real determination to succeed. Therefore you will. (By god listen to me with the positive thoughts...) Happy Dance Seriously you are doing well....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

wishing you all the best with this.

when my missus told me she was pregnant I just threw away my baccy and went "cold turkey". probably not the best way to stop but it worked......i've been smoke free for 10 years!!

Message 37 of 48

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Really glad to hear it's going well @gindygoo! Everyone I know who's quit has said it's the best decision they ever made. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 38 of 48

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Both financially and healthily.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 39 of 48

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Yep, I'm determined! Just had a CO breathalyzer and it was 0.16 which is really low as it's not been quite 24hrs smoke free yet.

But the 2 days of only 5 then 3 consecutively have done the world of good.

I've been given some quick mist to deal with the massive cravings due to triggers. For instance, we just did shopping and usually I'd buy cigs at the kiosk and smoke on the way to the van. I battled through it, but it was horrible...

I think I might be there whereby I've quit the cigs and just need to concentrate on reducing the patch strength 😀😁

@Cleoriff I'm very proud of both me and my gf as we were really quite heavy smokers... She's done it cold turkey, well with that crap Allen Carr talk therapy lol, even she said it was her own willpower and not the hippy dippy talk lol 😱
Message 40 of 48