Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish me luck guys.

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I'm just about to go through a day off psychotherapy and hypnotherapy to stop smoking! I'm doing an Allen Carr all-day. seminar.

I've never tried to quit before, never really wanted to tbqh. I'm ready though, I've had enough of this monkey on my back and am determined to stop!

**crosses all my bits**
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Anonymous
Not applicable

@gindygoo wrote:
I'm just about to go through a day off psychotherapy and hypnotherapy to stop smoking! I'm doing an Allen Carr all-day. seminar.

I've never tried to quit before, never really wanted to tbqh. I'm ready though, I've had enough of this monkey on my back and am determined to stop!

**crosses all my bits**

I'll be crossing all my bits too for you @gindygoo ... I've never smoked & I drink little alcohol ... but ... to give up milk chocolate ... = ... that I couldn't do, I'm a chocoholic ... will be thinking of you slight_smile

Message 2 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Best of luck Charlie.

My husband gave up after being a long term heavy smoker. He went to our GP surgery. They do smoking cessation 1-1 sessions. He was put on Champix tablets....at the end of a 6 week course of these he had finished smoking completely.... However ...he now uses electronic cigarettes! .Shame really because he went 12 months without touching a cigarette at all

Anyway...'Have a Nice Day'...Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 48

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Haha, me the usual on edge - nervous - sometimes snappy of the two of us, is quite chilled. My gf on the other hand, is chomping at the bit 😂 and very annoyed they didn't tell us it's £10 for the parking...

We're just waiting for the late attendees (therapist included) due to works on the underground to turn up, so I'm using it to zone out whilst surfing the interwebzzzz 😁😛

I'm very optimistic, nay determined it'll work. I'll leave here an ex smoker!

Message 4 of 48

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

I quit 10 years ago. Couldn't use the pills. Gave me side effects. Had to use the patch. On the box it says 'Requires Will Power', something I didn't think I had, but I did. Hypnotism works for some, but not all. You have to want to quit. Bottom line is if you don't, it will kill you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 48

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

You have to want to quit.

Those words ^^^^^ are absolutely true. Very hard to do if you haven't got that mindset. It doesn't matter if anyone tells you 'you should quit'. We know that. You have to want to....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 48

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7199 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Good luck @gindygoo slight_smile my mum used to smoke aswell but had to stop for health reasons she's not had a cigarette since 2012
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 7 of 48

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@gindygoo wrote:

**crosses all my bits**

For a second there I thought you meant Alan Carr. An entire day's seminar with him and it would be enough for anyone tongue 

Message 8 of 48

MI5
  • 144064 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
So...... How's it going ?? slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 48

Cleoriff
  • 122758 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
So...... How's it going ?? slight_smile

Probably can't answer......I expect she's out the back having a ciggie LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 48