Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wish me luck guys.

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
I'm just about to go through a day off psychotherapy and hypnotherapy to stop smoking! I'm doing an Allen Carr all-day. seminar.

I've never tried to quit before, never really wanted to tbqh. I'm ready though, I've had enough of this monkey on my back and am determined to stop!

**crosses all my bits**
Message 1 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

It sounds like you're doing everything right so stick with it and I'm sure you'll get there slight_smile

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 41 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

How's it going @gindygoo ?

Message 42 of 48

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@Anonymous I managed to not smoke for the whole of my trip to NZ but unfortunately I've given in to the urge since returning back to the UK 😟

I've not given up trying to quit though and have decided to have another go once my gf is back home!

#annoyedatmyself
Message 43 of 48

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, you seem to have the positive spirit which can only be good slight_smile

Message 44 of 48

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
I had to give up 2 months ago and sad to say it wasn't through choice. I can assure you that thoracotomy and lung bypass give you an awful insight into smoking issues. Throw pneumonia into the mix and learning to breathe again twice a day then believe me when I say I'll never smoke again. I'm not trying to be clever or holier than thou, but this has been forced on me though it's far better to think of the consequences now rather than later.
Message 45 of 48

gindygoo
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
@jonsie sorry I've only just popped back on here, so hadn't seen your post.

I'm sure that all you've been through has definitely necessitated the need to quit. It's only ever a good thing if you manage to quit, and even in circumstances like yours was, I'm sure, not easy to do.

I'm determined that I'll quit for good though, so the challenge begins again for me after the weekend. It's my birthday on Friday, and I'm certainly not spending the next year smoking... On Sunday night I'll have smoked my last ciggie, and fingers crossed I'll never smoke one again.

I'm really annoyed at myself, and my eyes have been opened as to just how difficult it is to give up. I honestly totally underestimated how insidious an addiction it is...

Message 46 of 48

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

sending positive vibes to you @gindygoo ... from a failed slimmer from teenage age to now ... I do know how hard it is to make a change in your life ... it's why I don't do lettuce / leaves no way now as far too many years of slimming & making rabbit food spread out on a small plate make-believe etc etc etc

You will give up smoking GindyGoo slight_smile ... think positive thoughts & you have your gf to help you 

Message 48 of 48