Did you mean: 

What made me happy today...

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2206 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hey guys.

In one of my old forums I was a member of (not existing anymore since this year), we had a thread where everybody just told in short what made them happy this day. Thought it would be nice for here too! slight_smile

To start: I'm working for EMS and my first call today was am expected birth. So we hoped we would be able to bring her into hospital just in time. But it didn't work. I was at the patient and she just said "it's coming"... My team-mate was driving REALLY fast, it took him about an kilometer to brake - during that time the baby was just born. Even we were a really young team and not long into job, we did VERY well and even the doctors told us we did excellent.

(Our last call was a reanimation on the street, the woman did not get an own circulation again.... But I guess that's the circle of life :D)

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 1 of 2,232
2,231 REPLIES 2,231

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Absolutely nothing has made me happy today slight_frown

I know Steve. Cancellation of operation is gut wrenching...(though obviously I can see both sides) but it doesn't make it any easier for any patient...:smileysad: heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 152 of 2,232

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Now possibly Tuesday but not definite. I wouldn't believe them if they said definitely Tuesday. Feel totally let down after 3 months in Thailand and nearly 6 weeks here.

Message 153 of 2,232

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Now possibly Tuesday but not definite. I wouldn't believe them if they said definitely Tuesday. Feel totally let down after 3 months in Thailand and nearly 6 weeks here.

You would be right not to believe them if they said definitely Tuesday @jonsie. Your theatre slot is always going to depend on any major emergency admitted on the Monday night.

I am in no doubt that your surgery has been deferred since the terror attack in Manchester when every hospital in the region went on standby to receive casualties....then those most badly injured would have been transferred to other trauma units . Salford took in the region of 30+ patients who went to theatre as soon as possible (This then had a knock on effect on all those on the waiting list for surgery at Salford for 2/52 after the attack)  I know this explanation wont help you to feel less disappointed and depressed but I am just trying to put it into perspective for you. Salford MUST have planned to do your operation otherwise they would not have transferred you. All that said...I am really gutted for you Hug

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 154 of 2,232

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jonsie

I'm not so articulate or as knowledgeable as @Cleoriff ... however ... I've sent you a card & a little good luck prezzie 1st class post today ... you should receive them by Monday

Hug 

Message 155 of 2,232

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Oh @Anonymous you really shouldn't spend your money on me but thank you very much, I really appreciate it Hug

Message 156 of 2,232

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Oh @Anonymous you really shouldn't spend your money on me but thank you very much, I really appreciate it Hug

It's only something little @jonsie ... & ... as Loreal advert says 'You're worth It' ... Hug

It's the thought which counts every time innit ? 

Message 157 of 2,232

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

It's only something little @jonsie ... & ... as Loreal advert says 'You're worth It' ... Hug

It's the thought which counts every time innit ? 

That's for sure 😀❤️

Message 158 of 2,232

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Incidentally I have just seen this :

Hospital TV firm refuses to waive bills for Arena attack victims

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/hospital-firm-tells-people-inure...

I'm not sure exactly where I stand on this. On the one hand I sympathise with the victims but I find myself in the same boat, laid up in hospital through the fault of a third party, just as much a victim. 

All kids really should get free TV no matter what the circumstances or the reason for hospitalisation but I kind of agree with Hospedia that if you make exceptions for one then you need to consider everyone's circumstances and that just won't work as a business plan. 

Message 159 of 2,232

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seeing my son & daughter-in-law in Leeds today made me very happy ... :womanvery-happy: ...their honeymoon pics & vids in USA

The red stone & expanding skies of the national parks in Utah ... Yosemite national park ... redwood trees + General Sherman biggest / roundest / oldest tree there attt The Romans were in GB ... Golden Gate bridge, usually in fog ... Alcatraz ... San Diego was the city they liked the most ... they both had a go at shooting with a variety of arms on video ... they will go back to USA, to Yellowstone National Park & are keeping their coins for the next time slight_smile

I didn't mention my request for a silver dollar ... on the way back to the train station they de-toured home ... = ... as I got out of the car Emma presented me with a redwood box & a silver dollar inside ... happy me ... the kids are good people ... & ... a pleasure to be with Cat

Message 160 of 2,232