Did you mean: 

What are you looking at?

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys!

I've seen mention of X-Factor, Strictly, that baking show, Poldark (@Cleoriff) and of course my current favourite, Star Trek (the original).

I want to know what other series you watch or have watched in the past that you consider favourites?

My list is so long that if I post all of it you will think I have no social life. tongue But these are some of the best ones I've ever watched (in no particular order):

• The X-Files
  • Vampire Diaries
  • True Blood
  • Star Trek (original from the 60s)
  • Stargate SG1
  • Marvel's Agents of SHIELD
  • Stargate Atlantis
  • Agatha Christie's Poirot
  • Northern Exposure
  • The Bold and the Beautiful
  • Bones
  • Madam Secretary
  • Elementary

Which ones of these have you seen?

Message 1 of 95
94 REPLIES 94

Anonymous
Not applicable

Poldark series 2 finished on Sunday ... so ... I noticed the drama 'Moonstone' whilst searching for BBC SCD ... has anyone seen the 1st episode ?

I read the book at school ... have seen the film ... & listened to it as a BBC Radio Four series ... it's a mystery ...  & I'm darned if I can remember the plot LOL

Message 81 of 95

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

According to this Jane it was on all last week...and as it was in the afternoon...I didn't watch it...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/10/31/moonstone-bbc-one-wilkie-collinss-proto-detective-yarn-rema...

Yes pleased ended well....though just who is the father of Elizabeths baby....?

Naughty boy Aidan....LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 82 of 95

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I've recorded the Moonstone but have yet to watch it. I also attempted to read it when in school but only got half way. Finally read it through about a year after coming to England. And like you @Anonymous I know it's a mystery but can't remember more than that. But then it's over 45 years since I read the book so not surprising!😄

When I finally watch it, which should be tomorrow, will let you know what it's about.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 83 of 95

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I'm currently watching Dark Angel on ITV. The true story of the Victorian poisoner Mary Ann Cotton. By god it was easy to get hold of arsenic in those days Shocked. How she got away with it for so long is unbelievable (by todays standards) Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 84 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff & @Glory1

Just watched the 1st episode of Moonstone on the iPlayer ... enjoyed it & eager to watch more ... Planet II will have to wait until tomorrow evening & I shall enjoy that, except for the racer snakes 

Yes Cleo, Aidan has been a naughty boy ... 

More info
looking forward to seeing the look upon George Warleggan's face when the baby boy has black hair 
Message 85 of 95

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I've watched the first part of Dark Angel with part 2 recorded. @Cleoriff I was waiting for her to sign for the arsenic like you to do today. Was amazed when it was just handed to her. Wonder if her murders were behind the introduction of a register.

Can't wait to watch part 2. Am a big Joanne Froggat fan ever since her Coronation Street days.

And thanks @Anonymous looking forward to immersing myself in The Moonstone.

However, all tomorrow I'm about to do catch-up on 2 shows - one that didn't record and one I forgot to watch and then some Amazon Prine streaming. Oh and btw Planet Earth II stunning - and I don't mind snakes.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 86 of 95

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

One of the reality shows I do like is about to start. 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here'

I like it mainly due to Ant and Dec.....and the joy I get from watching so called 'celebrities' undergoing  excruciating and sickening challenges.  I see Ola Jordan (dancer from Strictly) is one of the contestants. Cue shower and bikini scenes.....No doubt will add the element of interest for the men...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 87 of 95

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I avoid all reality shows like the plague but I was in hysterics watching the Japanese version of the show on my recent visit there Dance

Message 88 of 95

Cleoriff
  • 122923 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I don't like many reality shows (and never watch BB) but this one is amusing

I see Carol Vordeman is in this years line up as is Larry Lamb (the actor) oh and Wayne Bridge the footballer...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 89 of 95

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I just dislike B class celebrities trying for a little more fame and money. Kinda sad to be honest...

Message 90 of 95