Did you mean: 

What are you looking at?

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys!

I've seen mention of X-Factor, Strictly, that baking show, Poldark (@Cleoriff) and of course my current favourite, Star Trek (the original).

I want to know what other series you watch or have watched in the past that you consider favourites?

My list is so long that if I post all of it you will think I have no social life. tongue But these are some of the best ones I've ever watched (in no particular order):

• The X-Files
  • Vampire Diaries
  • True Blood
  • Star Trek (original from the 60s)
  • Stargate SG1
  • Marvel's Agents of SHIELD
  • Stargate Atlantis
  • Agatha Christie's Poirot
  • Northern Exposure
  • The Bold and the Beautiful
  • Bones
  • Madam Secretary
  • Elementary

Which ones of these have you seen?

Message 1 of 95
94 REPLIES 94

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122845 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

So I pay True Vision £20 a mother for wifi and around a hundred channels, yet the army thinks its OK to commander every channel with the same wall to wall coverage of the death of the King and make sure the broadcasts are in Black and white. Thank God for BBC iplayer in these troubled times! 

Does Mobdro not work @jonsie?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 95

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Yes but not brilliant,  I manage to watch F1 and my beloved ManU  but constantly changing the stream can be frustrating. 

I have to say however that TV is not really important to me but sometimes I can't join in the threads on here because either the programme isn't available or I have other things to take up my time. 

I find it strange that I can get iplayer on a van but its and any other channels I have to revert to filmontv and chromecast 

Message 42 of 95

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@sheepdog @gmarkj Falling Skies is a fantastic show for sci fi fans! Would highly recommend. 

I'm going to crack on with Westworld once there are a good few episodes to watch as I also love a good binge. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 43 of 95

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I just remembered a British series I loved some years ago - does anyone of you remember or watch the Darling Buds of May? I remember it was always sunny in that series. slight_smile

Message 44 of 95

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I do remember it though I was never a fan, despite starring the wonderful David Jason and a young Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Message 45 of 95

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are very few serialised dramas that I bother recording nowadays, but I've seen a few recently, including "War and Peace", and "Versailles". I'm not normally a fan of period costume dramas, but I did enjoy the lavish sets, and as screen adaptations go, the production values were impressive.

My personal favourite though, has to be Peaky Blinders. Is there a cooler gangster than Tommy Shelby?

Like one or two others, I also enjoyed C4's Humans, and look forward to the new series later this autumn.

I don't have Sky, so I don't know how our british made dramas compare with those on offer across the pond, but I think the BBC in particular have shown, that we do have the talent and the resources to produce some of the best television.

Message 46 of 95

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I agree, the talent is there. The two best series by a country mile over the last couple of years are Happy Valley and Peaky Blinders. So different but both have been unmissable.

Message 47 of 95

Cleoriff
  • 122845 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Not sure how I missed Peaky Blinders from my original list. Superb drama. Cillian Murphy played Tommy Shelby with such malevolence....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 48 of 95

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
@Cleoriff - Googlebox is brilliant, as is First Dates!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 49 of 95

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Like one or two others, I also enjoyed C4's Humans, and look forward to the new series later this autumn.

I'm also looking forward to Humans! Thanks, I didn't even realise there would be more of it. I thought it only had 1 season and then ended in

More info
that cliffhanger!

I also wonder if this will be on Netflix! slight_smile

P.S. I just ordered a new bigger PC monitor (big deal for me since it's been many years since I last bought one!) so I can watch Netflix from the sofa instead of hunching directly in front of it at my desk in an uncomfortable position. Can't wait to test the monitor out with all these awesome series! Hmm maybe I should take holiday just for that. LOL

Message 50 of 95