Did you mean: 

What are you looking at?

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys!

I've seen mention of X-Factor, Strictly, that baking show, Poldark (@Cleoriff) and of course my current favourite, Star Trek (the original).

I want to know what other series you watch or have watched in the past that you consider favourites?

My list is so long that if I post all of it you will think I have no social life. tongue But these are some of the best ones I've ever watched (in no particular order):

• The X-Files
  • Vampire Diaries
  • True Blood
  • Star Trek (original from the 60s)
  • Stargate SG1
  • Marvel's Agents of SHIELD
  • Stargate Atlantis
  • Agatha Christie's Poirot
  • Northern Exposure
  • The Bold and the Beautiful
  • Bones
  • Madam Secretary
  • Elementary

Which ones of these have you seen?

Message 1 of 95
94 REPLIES 94

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

For some reason I just can't seem to get into BSG. Seen the pilot episode which I enjoyed but can't just quite be committed to watching it. Maybe some other time though I did enjoy Blood & Chrome and Caprica as a prelude to start watching BSG again.

Anyway, been watching Continuum (Canadian sci-fi series on Netflix) which is fantastic in my opinion and 12 Monkeys (Series 1) is worth a watch providing you can keep up with the time travelling and ignore the movie! Have to stick in Alias (Mission Impossible 60's style if you want a comparision).

Reminds me to start watching Lost

Message 21 of 95

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Anyone been watching 'National Treasure' with Robbie Coltrane and Julie Walters?
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 22 of 95

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Marjo wrote:

I saw this question on Facebook and thought it was cool.

You've been kidnapped. The characters from the last TV show you watched are planning your rescue.

Question: Who is coming to save you?

For me, it would be Captain Kirk, Scotty and Spock so I think I'm quite safe! What about you guys? grin

Well I've been watching Firefly so I'll be ok though fortunately I wasn't watching Pinky & The Brain...

Message 23 of 95

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122892 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Toby wrote:
Anyone been watching 'National Treasure' with Robbie Coltrane and Julie Walters?

Yes I am @Toby. Brilliant drama.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 95

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@sheepdog I loved Continuum! Still have season 3 to go. 

Also just started Preacher on Amazon Prime. Really good so far and if it continues like this it should do the comic justice. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 25 of 95

Cleoriff
  • 122892 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Westworld now....Bouncy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 95

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12065 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@sheepdog I loved Continuum! Still have season 3 to go. 

Also just started Preacher on Amazon Prime. Really good so far and if it continues like this it should do the comic justice. 

Only watched about 4 so far @Martin-O2 but thought it very good if a little strange.

Continuum was on the to watch list (which only seems to be getting longer), as was Fallen Skies. Watched the first series and a half ages ago but need to go back and start from the beginning again.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 27 of 95

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Strange as you mentioned it, but I was trying to recall what the Steven Spielburg sci-fi series was that I caught a bit of a couple of years ago. Now I know its Falling Skies so will be watching that after Firefly. Thanks!

Continuum is only 13 episodes or less per season so you can do watch it in under 2 weeks. I love binge watching Fantastic

Message 28 of 95

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122892 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

The new series of The Missing started tonight. Totally gripping...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 95

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff's passionate talk about Sherlock in another thread grin made me think of a question for you all who watch these:

Which one is better: the American version (Elementary, with Johnny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu) or the UK version (Sherlock, with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman)?

Message 30 of 95