cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Watching the Orionids meteor shower tonight? :)

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys!

I just read that there's going to be "spectacular" meteor shower tonight! smiling

Nasa calls it "one of the most beautiful showers of the year". It happens every year towards the end of October, and according to this article, this year it will peak in the early hours of Saturday this week, which is supposed to be a dark and moonless night, and again in the early hours of Sunday.

I have totally missed it, but apparently there's been sporadic meteors appearing already from 15th October, and it will last until 20 November... slight_smile

"The best time for skywatchers to head outside is usually around 2am when the shower is at its most intense."

However, due to the storm there might be clouds, so they say that the best chance of seeing the meteors will be in the early hours before dawn.

Are any of you going to watch this? Happy Dance

Orionids

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'd love to look out for them. I'm into all things astrological. 

Unfortunately I'm not allowed out after dark alone ๐Ÿ˜•

I've seen all sorts in the sky in Thailand ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ as I'm often Sat outside the bars in the early hours although I can't be too sure how many of the sights are influenced by what's on sale at the bar ๐Ÿ˜

Message 2 of 3

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I'd love to look out for them. I'm into all things astrological. 

Unfortunately I'm not allowed out after dark alone ๐Ÿ˜•

I've seen all sorts in the sky in Thailand ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ as I'm often Sat outside the bars in the early hours although I can't be too sure how many of the sights are influenced by what's on sale at the bar ๐Ÿ˜

LOL 

Do "all sorts" include UFOs? vulcan

I'd love to watch it but I can bet I'll be fast asleep at that time so will love to see some photos afterwards online.

Anyone else going to watch? If so, please do share some photos if you take any! grin

Message 3 of 3