Did you mean: 

Trump is President......

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144323 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Just watched the inauguration - It's now official, watch out wink

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/20/510629447/watch-live-president-trumps-inauguration-ceremony

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 147
146 REPLIES 146

Cleoriff
  • 122910 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Theresa May is meeting him next week. She will be the first leader he has met since becoming president.

All I can say is ....she needs to put personal feelings to the back of her mind. She is working on behalf of our country and hopefully knows how to 'play the game'. Rolleys

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 41 of 147

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Anyone with an ounce of decency in their body knows that Trump is a charlatan who is only in this for his own personal gain. There are many things he says he's going to do but can't. In particular, repeal Obamacare. It is law, and it will take an act of Congress to repeal it. It cannot be repealed by a swoop of Trump's pen. In the same way, he cannot withdraw from NATO. He can talk about doing that, but he really doesn't understand the intricacies of government. He hasn't studied it, and he's extremely ignorant, so he will now have to learn that being President doesn't mean you can do whatever you want to do. Being the game show host that he is, he's concerned about 'ratings', and if he took a look out his window yesterday, or turned the television on, he would have seen that there are a lot of people who are extremely unhappy that he is President. If what he said in his speech was true about giving the country back to the people, then the people will take whatever power he thinks he has away from him. If the Republicans in Congress want to keep their jobs, and there are many who face re-election in two year's time and are not all on Trump's side, they will not allow him to railroad our democracy.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 42 of 147

Fellwalker
Level 9: Fired up
  • 245 Posts
  • 20 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
What you are all forgetting is the new truth, expressed by the laws of Trump :
Rule One : Trump is always right
Rule Two : when Trump is wrong, Rule One applies.

There is a very interesting and scary article in The Atlantic magazine about this new reality and how it mirrors Putin's rise and clampdown on liberty. Sorry about the pop up ads, but it is worth a read, if only to scare yourself silly.
https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/01/womens-march-protest-trump-russia/514064/?...

Trump's rise to power and how he made the unthinkable thinkable
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/01/donald-trumps-authoritarian-politics-of-memory/...

It also has an explanatory article about the various groups of the far right
https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/01/far-right-taxonomy/509282/?utm_source=feed
Note 9. O2 since 2007.
Message 43 of 147

Cleoriff
  • 122910 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Sir Ian McKellen (an actor I admire greatly) was at one of the rallies in London He found this banner and had a lot to say.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing and outdoor

"The Women’s March in London was the longest I have been on. Unlike most demonstrations it was not commandeered by any one group with its identical posters.

The Women and their allies had devised their own visual protests, hand-written and improvised at home, expressing their personal reaction to the new president, whose name in schoolyard English means “to break wind” appropriately.

The placard of Sir Patrick, by the way, was not my own – I found it at the end of the March in Trafalgar Square. There were hundreds of others.

President Breaking Wind has impacted us all; and personally. Some like him, think they can identify with him, believe him because they’ve seen him on television perhaps and think the billionaire and his billionaire team are truly their friends. The rest of us, including the majority of voters in USA, see through the charade: after all, the schtick is not exactly subtle. But he’s riled us, got under our skin, making us angry and despairing that he should have got through to the final of his show and turned democracy into a TV/Twitter spectacular.

What will happen? No doubt his believers will be soon disillusioned. The rest of us cannot let him reign unchallenged. The Marches worldwide were a good beginning. Some who fear him say “give the man a chance”. OK – he’s started by removing LGBTQ people, climate change and state funding of the arts from POTUS’s website. He’s had his chance"

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 44 of 147

jonsie
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

An out and out buffoon who has surrounded himself with people who are equally stupid, who pamper to his beliefs and back him until they either impeach or assassinate him. The latest stupid comments that the press will be held accountable has quite possibly alienated the very people who he needs on his side. Not one of his staff have a clue how things work in American politics. I just hope the real people with power, the Senate, will step in very quickly to rid us of this evil little man.

Message 45 of 147

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

The key question is why are people NOT voting in general elections. The number of non-voters - and this goes for the UK as well - is shocking considering how much impact any politictian has on our daily lives. Till we, the public, start taking the vote seriously then we are all going to see a repeat of Trump v Clinton in many other countries.  

And if you don't think that won't occur again, look at the next generation of voters who are blinded by social media views in which we'll see personalities/celebreties with the loudest mouth being pushed. 

I'm just going to leave this link here: https://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2017/01/20/you-cant-resist-trump-by-closing-your-eyes/

Message 46 of 147

Cleoriff
  • 122910 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

2 days in and still fighting with the media. If this continues they will destroy him. Good.

His press secretary Sean Spicer arguing inauguration figures.... After saying there were no official figures.

In other words he is saying everyone must be blind (and stupid)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 47 of 147

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes @Cleoriff the Trump administration think everyone is blind and stupid. They take their lead from Trump who thinks he can hoodwink his supporters into thinking he is a man of the people. Oh are they in for a rude awakening.

Of course, there are official figures of the inauguration crowd. Trump doesn't want to admit just how hated he is. And as for his Press Secretary Sean Spicer what a bufoon. You don't treat the White House Press with the contempt he did and live long in the job.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 48 of 147

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thing is Trump don't care about anyone's opinion & none of his administration staff will go unless Trump is pushed out

Message 49 of 147

Cleoriff
  • 122910 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I have a better picture than the one I posted above. Taken from the Bohemian Rhapsody website.....

Image may contain: outdoor and text

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 50 of 147