Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Virtual Lounge

Anonymous
Not applicable

well, fluffy onesie on + donkey brown boottee-tyle slippers

cuppa Twinnings tea = everyday variety, decaff + s/sk milk = no sugar +

Blue Ribband original choccy bic to hand

checking on my cat Marvellous Marty the Magnificent = beside me in his pet-bed under the wooden desk Cat

on which new basic desktop printer will be put = on or around next payday ..... I mean upon the wooden desk not upon the cat Smiley LOL 

kicked my old basic Epson printer in frustration many many months ago Destroy

therapeutic for me for about 3 nano-seconds but really, really bad for the printer Destroy

well, let's see if there are many takers for my initial entry into the off-top unofficial world of 'the lounge area'

WispaRed7 slight_smile

Message 1 of 7,616
7,615 REPLIES 7,615

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Well I suppose with the full team Wenger is hoping to finish his time with Arsenal on a high....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7141 of 7,616

MI5
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Can't be any worse than last week tongue
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7142 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

I could do with a bit of input please ?

It's to do with my light-weight floaty outfit for my son's wedding in late April

I'm thinking along the lines of a pink poncho for inclement weather ... I have a pink brolly already ... or will I just look like a peasant ?

I don't want to let my son down ... & ... am expecting some mature women to be there who are in good shape, so again I wish to be neatly turned out

I don't mind the cold, but any rain will make the fabric of my outfit 'stick to me' in an unsightly fashion Don't know

Message 7143 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Jane you are overthinking this and putting yourself down.

Listen. My son got married in June.My outfit was a cream chiffon trouser suit...I had a fascinator in my hair and pale peach shoes and bag. I hoped it wouldn't rain but it did..it was also windy. So what? The car took us to the door of the church. Then again to the venue. I never got wet. I certainly wouldn't have trundled around with a brolley.  (Or wellies or a mac) You know I am joking with the mac and wellies right? LOL

I was determined to be as well dressed as the mother of the bride. I was. You are the mother of the groom. Stand proud and take pleasure in the day. If you need something to keep you warm there are some lovely summerweight ponchos or angora boleros. These can be slipped off when indoors. You wont let yourself or your son down. I am positive of that....Hug

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7144 of 7,616

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Anonymous @Cleoriff has given you excellent advice. I can't add a thing but to say listen to her and have a fabulous day. I am sure you will look stunning.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7145 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

PS...My outfit would have stuck to me had I got drenched....but it didn't because I made sure I didnt get wet...Out of that car door ....and into the church like a rat up a drain...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7146 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Cleoriff & @Glory1 Thanks!

I didn't really want to be encumbered with a brolly Cleo'

I'll have a look online tomorrow for a lightweight poncho ... the loose 'jacket' has 3/4 sleeves with a bell / pointy end so I don't think a bolero will go over them

Cream chiffon trouser suit Cleo' with peach accessories sounds Fantastic

I have a fascinator, but my hair is very, very short atm, however I could let it grow a bit on top from now until the wedding day which is a Friday afternoon, so I could have my hair done in the morning & I daresay my hairdresser would fit the fascinator for me ... = ... the camisole neckline is wide enough to go over my head so my hairdo would not be spoiled

Yes, Cleo' I am overthinking it all, thank you for pointing this out to me, but am getting excited too

Thanks again girls, I don't really have anyone else I could ask slight_smile

Message 7147 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Fascinators are great Jane. Easily fitted with the attached comb. (Just make sure you have a few grips to secure the comb in place) . Your hair will cover that. Good idea to grow your hair a bit..

Are you having a corsage? I had one made of small silk flowers on the lapel of my jacket....but some people have them on their wrist...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7148 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea @Cleoriff about some grips to support the fascinator

I like the thought of a corsage on my wrist ... I've decided to wear my pearls, but havn't a suitable bracelet to go with them ... I'll check that out with my favourite florist in town or look on the internet slight_smile

Message 7149 of 7,616

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7201 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Anyone here?
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 7150 of 7,616