• 3 Solutions

Anyone here ? relieved

[Please see related discussion about "The Virtual Lounge" here]

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 4 of 11,701
11,700 REPLIES 11,700

Anonymous
Not applicable

Today is my dear dad Roy's birthdate, bless him, a daddy's girl, always ... he passed over January 2016 ... I didn't want him to go & upset myself that I wished I'd told him more that I loved him ... Our song is 'To Dance With My Father Again' ... they say it gets easier = it doesn't ... I know dad's star is always up there in the heavens shining brightly down upon his loved ones ... he was the one who kept my small family together ... Miss You Dad & I think I always will rose rainbow Dance Dance heart

I'm off into Leeds to meet an old schoolfriend Diana for lunch at the Pancake House in the new Trinity Centre

the weather looks promising ... it'll be a catchup & shopping = a nice girlie thing, not something I get much of heart Hug

Message 141 of 11,701

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Have a good day @Anonymous. Hope the weather stays dry. It's sunny here this morning..I may get something done!! smile

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 142 of 11,701

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You're so right at @Anonymous sometimes it doesn't get easier but for me it's its birthdays and anniversaries when it really hurts. Some five years on it has got a little easier but I talk to my dearly departed wife every day with odd comments and sometimes I'm not even aware of it. People used to look at me strangely thinking what's that idiot doing talking to himself. I still do it here in the hospital bed but I make sure there's no one around. After all I'd hate them to push my bed into the psychiatric ward next door! wink

Enjoy your day, here we have rain and sometimes a little sunshine interrupted by wind though the nurse has given me something for that rofl

Message 143 of 11,701

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Anonymous it will get easier as the years go by. But as @jonsie also said it's birthdays when it hurts. My mum died 23 years ago and I still miss her. But it's on her birthday that it really hurts. And as her birthday was a day before mine you may understand why celebrating mine is bittersweet.

And @jonsie I still talk to my mum after all these years so I certainly don't think you're crazy. You were close to and loved her for many years. And there will always be something you want to share with her that you know she would understand or appreciate. That's certainly the case with me and my mum.

On a happier note @Anonymous hope you had an enjoyable day with your friend.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 144 of 11,701

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff @Glory1 @jonsie

P for Perfect, Daddy's Girl Roy's Day

Wonderful to see Diana again, I felt just like that 11 year old schoolgirl when she sat behind me 1st form Castleford Grammar School

Decided to take my walking stick over taking a brolly = can't do both ... was walking along canal towpath when I realised I'd got a bristle roller in my fringe LOL

Crispy bacon butty & cuppa tea from train station cafe ... who doesn't luv 'eating on the hoof'

Dafty me was holding my house keys in preparation for extracting cash from atm in Leeds station foyer

Pay day today 

Got very nice russet coloured sun-ray pleated skirt from M & S ... = ... it's around my ankles LOL ... a trip to Stitch Express is in order soon in town

£10 flirty knee length black / colour floral design flirty dress from Debenhams

Lunch at Crepe Affaire in The Trinity Centre ... been on with this development for years & it's smashing

Weather stayed dry ... I didn't take a jacket as I just get 'lathered' in them ... must buy Gortex or similar

We both bought off-peak train tickets

Homeward bound train on platform at 3pm = before the rush

Stopped off at what would have been The Midland Hotel, as was LMS London Midland Scottish railway

This place is my 2nd home ... = ... I'm part of what we think of as family there = mainly lads & they're just great to hang out with, I've just not been able to be part of a female group as it just gets sooo bitchy & I was usually on the receiving end 

I do talk to my dad Roy ... miss him sooo much ... stars are always there in the sky above it's just sometimes you can't see them ... my dad's star shines brightly in the heavens above = he did his national service as a radar technician in the RAF, their motto is *Per Ardua Ad Astra* = Through Adversity To The Stars

Diana is very creative ... she gave me a fleece twisty curly scarf she had knitted for me = me, allus wears a gift the moment it is given to me ... = ... my mum used to say to me = 1st, Best, Last & Always *tsk tsk*

The rain is now lashing at the house windows = it was forecast & more to come tomorrow flash 

Thank you ... hope you had a good day today rainbow

Message 145 of 11,701

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7228 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Glad you had a good time @Anonymous slight_smile
Message 146 of 11,701

Anonymous
Not applicable

@blissgirl wrote:
Glad you had a good time @Anonymous slight_smile

Hope you're alright @blissgirl ... & ... that you're having a good day rose

I'd say I speak for all here ... = ... glad you choose to post on The Community Family O2 Forum ... even though you're on Vodafone Fantastic bouquet star

Message 147 of 11,701

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Yes @blissgirl I agree with @Anonymous it's lovely to see you in the forum, particularly as you're no longer with O2.

Please continue to post, you'd be missed otherwise certainly by me and I'm sure many others.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 148 of 11,701

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 7228 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Thanks @Glory1 & WispaRed7 don't worry not going anywhere slight_smile
Message 149 of 11,701

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@blissgirl wrote:
Thanks @Glory1 & WispaRed7 don't worry not going anywhere slight_smile

Pleased to hear it Kasia. This forum is obviously vastly superior to anything Vodafone have..wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 150 of 11,701