Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Virtual Lounge

Anonymous
Not applicable

well, fluffy onesie on + donkey brown boottee-tyle slippers

cuppa Twinnings tea = everyday variety, decaff + s/sk milk = no sugar +

Blue Ribband original choccy bic to hand

checking on my cat Marvellous Marty the Magnificent = beside me in his pet-bed under the wooden desk Cat

on which new basic desktop printer will be put = on or around next payday ..... I mean upon the wooden desk not upon the cat Smiley LOL 

kicked my old basic Epson printer in frustration many many months ago Destroy

therapeutic for me for about 3 nano-seconds but really, really bad for the printer Destroy

well, let's see if there are many takers for my initial entry into the off-top unofficial world of 'the lounge area'

WispaRed7 slight_smile

Message 1 of 7,616
7,615 REPLIES 7,615

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

Again pressure at a young age to go on Facebook and share everything and anything.

Actually (and not saying this as a proud or biased Grandma)....Ben rarely shares anything on FB...He has a select group of mates and uses messenger a lot. He has never bowed to that sort of pressure. He was slightly embarrassed when I told him I would share his results with the world. He knows I am exempt from bragging...Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7601 of 7,616

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Just going to put this here....(Grandma is allowed to brag) Bouncy

ben results.PNG

Absolutely brilliant news @Cleoriff and I'm so pleased for both of you and all his family. 

I agree with @Beenherebefore about the extra pressure and the toll the stress takes on kids and their parents. Personally I dread these results days when it seems to be broadcast everywhere in the media and I get quite sick of it. When my kids got their A levels it was just published under the various schools in the local evening paper. 

That was stressful enough because families and friends would be checking and comparing but now it seems to be of national importance. 

Message 7602 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Also (jokingly) the stress to the family when they get their results and suddenly after 2 years decide to change the degree course they were going to do. Ben planned Business Management and Accountancy. Today it's Economics and Accountancy......Clever little so and so....Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7603 of 7,616

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I think over time many changes their thinking. It's one of the biggest choices that they have faced in life up to now. 

Message 7604 of 7,616

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
Fantastic news @Cleoriff really pleased for your grandson and you. Had similar good news from several friends today.

Maybe it's just my age but I don't get the sharing everything on Facebook. I've only recently joined Facebook and that was on a suggestion from someone here (can't remember who) to ensure I keep my game data from one device to another. Like when I used Smart Switch to transfer my games from my Note 4 to my new Galaxy S8+. I'm registered but I don't share anything. Firstly, my life isn't that interesting and secondly I'm just a very private person who doesn't want the world to know what I get up to.

Just for fun I occasionally look at the posts and wonder does anyone really care what time you got up in the morning or what you had for breakfast? So many of the posts are just that ridiculous.

Anyway, to each their own.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 7605 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I think over time many changes their thinking. It's one of the biggest choices that they have faced in life up to now. 

I agree @jonsie and for some it's too soon to make that choice. I have a nephew and a godson who chose their Degree course then dropped out as it wasn't what they thought it would be. ...I think a gap year benefits a lot of 18year olds. I know people wont agree with this but when you think of the money wasted by opting for the wrong course....

It happens in nursing as well. Students start their degree course and then come to the wards to get practical experience...and the reality of it all is far too much for them...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7606 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations to your grandson Ben on his A level results @Cleoriff ... pleased he has got into a unuversity of his choice xx

Message 7607 of 7,616

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations to your grandson Ben on his A level results @Cleoriff ... pleased he has got into a unuversity of his choice xx

Thanks Jane...yes we are all delighted. The lad did well...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7608 of 7,616

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's wishing all on the O2 Community a peaceful nights sleep xx

Image result for cat night sleep images

Message 7609 of 7,616

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts